WTB Sousaphone

Post here if seeking to buy music related items.
Forum rules
Reminder: "Go fund me" requests are not allowed and should be reported. All requests will be deleted. If you are Looking to trade an instrument, We are requiring all ads to have the following information. Approximate trade value, Brand, Model, and location (for instruments, not accessories)
Blackied
lurker
lurker

WTB Sousaphone

Post by Blackied »

Hi All,

I've not got any tubas to play, as I've always had access to school/community band tubas. I've been wanting to get a tuba or (preferably) try a sousaphone for some time but I've always been lacking the money, or none have been nearby (being AU). However I now have ~$1600us saved, and am about to visit the US for a few weeks, including Seattle/Tacoma/Portland, and New York. As such I was hoping to pick something up while I was over, either picking up locally or getting shipped to my hosts.

Would need to be complete, and have a case that would survive the trip home. Lurking around here for a little while I've noticed that should be enough for a reasonable 22k or similar? If you have seen anything or are selling something, or just have some advice on buying sousaphones, I'd love to hear it.
koterbski
bugler
bugler

Re: WTB Sousaphone

Post by koterbski »

Conn 20k is the best sousaphone i've ever played on. that is the one to get.
Anthony koterbski
CC Schiller 5v
Blackied
lurker
lurker

Re: WTB Sousaphone

Post by Blackied »