Wessex Tuba Gig Bag for Sale

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
bazzelsup
bugler
bugler

Wessex Tuba Gig Bag for Sale

Post by bazzelsup »

Wessex Tuba Gig Bag for Sale. As new. Hasn't been used as far as I can tell. I purchased a Wessex Tuba and it came with a hard case and this gig bag. The gig bag doesn't fit my horn. It is $135 new from Wessex. Selling this one for $70 plus shipping.

The specific case is a B220 with space for a 19 inch bell and is 35 inches long. I'm located in Pitman New Jersey.

Specifications

Weight: 6.6 lb (3kg)

Special features

Semi-rigid with 15mm padding all around
Whole side opens to easily insert/remove tuba
Strong backpack straps that can be concealed when not in use
Two large side pockets for music folder and accessories
Canvas carry handle with strong fixings
Will stand steady and safe stood both horizontal and vertical

bazzelsup
bugler
bugler

Re: Wessex Tuba Gig Bag for Sale

Post by bazzelsup »

I bought it in the secondary market and the guy selling the horn told me it didn't fit when I bought it. I was happy with the hard case.
bazzelsup
bugler
bugler

Post by bazzelsup »

Sale pending.
MN_TimTuba

Post by MN_TimTuba »

Curious as to which Wessex Tuba you purchased, and your review of said horn?
Thank you!
bazzelsup
bugler
bugler

Post by bazzelsup »

I bought the Luzern BBb. I might not be the best person to review a horn because, though my bachelors was on the tuba, I took a long hiatus (many years). That being said, I really am enjoying the horn. It has a nice round sound, seems well built and doesn't seem to have any more intonation concerns then any other horn I've played. I've had the horn for about three months now and, considering the price, it was a great buy.
arpthark
5 valves
5 valves

Post by arpthark »

Hi bazzelsup, can you check your PMs? Thanks!
MN_TimTuba

Post by MN_TimTuba »

"Postby bazzelsup » Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:39 pm

I bought the Luzern BBb. I might not be the best person to review a horn because, though my bachelors was on the tuba, I took a long hiatus (many years). That being said, I really am enjoying the horn. It has a nice round sound, seems well built and doesn't seem to have any more intonation concerns then any other horn I've played. I've had the horn for about three months now and, considering the price, it was a great buy.
bazzelsup"[quote]

Bazzelsup,
Thanks for the reply and review. Sometime in the near future I need to either invest in a bit of work to my Holton (valve operation and body dents - it served penal time as a school horn for about 3 decades) or consider an additional 4/4 or 5/4 horn. Hoping to get to play a few, including several Wessex horns, and the Luzern is certainly a beauty with good reviews.
Tim
wagtuba23
bugler
bugler

Post by wagtuba23 »

how do you compare the luzern vs the Holton? sound,intonation,projection,thanks
Walter Gomes
MN_TimTuba

Post by MN_TimTuba »

Wagtuba23,
If your question is to me, I can't. I haven't played anything other than the Holton for...oh.....25 years. I do have friends nearby with newer horns in a variety of sizes, piston vs rotors, etc. When I'm ready and able to do a comparison I'll post it, FWIW.
bazzelsup
bugler
bugler

Re: Sold Wessex Tuba Gig Bag for Sale

Post by bazzelsup »

Sold and Shipped