Wessex Grand being played with Indianapolis Symphony!

TubeNet Sponsors make TubeNet possible!
Wyvern
Wessex Tubas
Wessex Tubas
Location: Hampshire, England when not travelling around the world on Wessex business

Wessex Grand being played with Indianapolis Symphony!

Post by Wyvern »

Earlier this year we visited Tony Kniffen of Indiapolis Symphony to try the prototype of the new Wessex TB692 Grand 6/4 BBb. Tony absolutely loved (he has been a long time searching for the perfect BBb), and asked if he could play the prototype for some upcoming performances with the orchestra.

Last week he used the Grand for Shostokich 5th Symphony and really sounded fantastic - and this coming Thursday and Saturday 23rd and 25th will be using for performance of Bruckner 7th Symphony. If you can get along, and get ticket (I believe both performances are almost sold out), will be worth a listen!
TheGoyWonder
4 valves
4 valves

Re: Wessex Grand being played with Indianapolis Symphony!

Post by TheGoyWonder »

I've tooted it, very well behaved for a 6/4! It has a proper amount of resistance, not like playing a bathtub as 6/4's can be. Also a more focused sound than I was expecting. If it holds up against a tuner it's a serious winner.
Ken Crawford
4 valves
4 valves

Post by Ken Crawford »

What is projected date when the production model will be available?
Wyvern
Wessex Tubas
Wessex Tubas
Location: Hampshire, England when not travelling around the world on Wessex business

Post by Wyvern »

kmorgancraw wrote:What is projected date when the production model will be available?
Can't give exact date yet, but summer 2017