Opinions Needed On Best Tuba Stand

The bulk of the musical talk
TUbajohn20J
4 valves
4 valves

Re: Opinions Needed On Best Tuba Stand

Post by TUbajohn20J »

My trusty Wenger stand has never let me down. It's very heavy duty and strong. It's a good stand if you don't have to transport it everywhere because it's heavy. It stays in the corner of my room and the tuba goes on it every night.
Conn 26J/27J
Conn 22K Hybrid
edsel585960
5 valves
5 valves

Post by edsel585960 »

I know they are not in vogue anymore but the Wenger Tuba Tamer Is the best IMHO. They are heavy but steady. A twister could RIP the house apart and the tamer and tuba will still be sitting there. :)
Conn 20-21 J
Conn 10J, Conn 26 K, Martin Mammoth, Mirafone 186, Soviet Helicon, Holton Raincatcher Sousaphone, Yamaha 103, King 1240.
Three Valves
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Three Valves »

WagnerRing wrote:How about "tuba pallet" type stands? This design seems space efficient and allows storing the tuba bell down, while limiting risk for accidental damage from tipping over. Anyone using a tuba pallet for storage? For example the tuba pallet from BBC?

http://www.baltimorebrass.net/picture.p ... ries&id=22

That was my second choice.

(Corrected for pagination)
Last edited by Three Valves on Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am committed to the advancement of civil rights, minus the Marxist intimidation and thuggery of BLM.
WagnerRing
bugler
bugler

Post by WagnerRing »

Last edited by WagnerRing on Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
barry grrr-ero
4 valves
4 valves

Post by barry grrr-ero »

I just ordered a K&M "King Size" stand for my Neptune. I had to pull the arms outward on the normal size K&M. I also put rubber padding on those arms, but it's still a stretch (no pun intended). I think the king size will do the trick.

Mary Ann, these stands are essential for risers, pits and smaller stages - anywhere you don't have space to lay the tuba flat. The Neptune is too big to set it on its bell, although some people do that with large tubas anyway.