Mack Brass TU355L 3/4 size Bb Tuba

The bulk of the musical talk
sybrandon
lurker
lurker

Mack Brass TU355L 3/4 size Bb Tuba

Post by sybrandon »

I want to thank all those who have responded to an earlier post about my interest in purchasing a 3/4 Bb Tuba and for the suggestion of checking out the Mack line of instruments. I recently purchased a Mack TU355L and I absolutely love the instrument. From its big consistent sound throughout all registers to its excellent intonation, it is everything I was looking for in an inexpensive ¾ size tuba. I also like the quiet and quick action rotary valves. The case is very nice and the wheels make it easy to transport. Tom and Jody's kind and courteous service was also very much appreciated. I would suggest that if you are a long distance from Petersburg, VA, you do not have them ship with Greyhound Package Express. In addition to the tuba sitting for 3 days in Petersburg before getting on a bus, it took eight days to go from Dallas to El Paso. It finally made it to Phoenix and then on to Flagstaff, but they forgot to take it off the bus in Flagstaff. Instead it took a trip to Albuquerque and sat there for a day and a half before finally making it back to Flagstaff. All in all it took 17 days to arrive. I should have spent an additional $150 on shipping for FedEx.

I will highly recommend Mack instruments and this tuba in particular.

Musically,

Sy Brandon
Sy Brandon, Arizona Centennial Composer
Thor Johnson Memorial Commission winner for 2018
2023 winner of ITEA Tuba and Piano Composition Competition
https://sybrandon.com/