Looking to test out euphs in AZ

Post here if seeking to buy music related items.
Forum rules
Reminder: "Go fund me" requests are not allowed and should be reported. All requests will be deleted. If you are Looking to trade an instrument, We are requiring all ads to have the following information. Approximate trade value, Brand, Model, and location (for instruments, not accessories)
Mandalf
lurker
lurker

Looking to test out euphs in AZ

Post by Mandalf »

Hey all! I'm graduating high school in less than a month, and that means losing access to my school-owned horn. Needless to say, I'm in the market for a new horn. I was wondering if anyone in the Phoenix area would be as kind as to let me test out their horn for a time to allow me to narrow down my choices. So far I've played on: Yamaha YEP-321 (School-owned, and probably older than me), Meinl Weston 751 Phoenix series (Great horn, not a huge fan of the trigger though), Adams E1 Custom (just a smidge out my price range sadly :cry: , but I'd love to own one), a Besson New Standard from '66 (Sounded great, but didn't seem as resonate as other horns I've played, probably to do with the fact that I was playing outside while testing though), and a Jupiter 1120S (Sounded nice, but just seemed super heavy). My budget would be somewhere in the $4,000 range and/or a FE Olds Superstar V-20 Trombone (in fairly good condition, the bell is a bit tarnished, there's a few small dings in the bell, and the slide can be scratchy at times due to wear, but otherwise plays great. I'll post pictures if interested) that I'd be (begrudgingly) willing to trade.
MaryAnn
Occasionally Visiting Pipsqueak
Occasionally Visiting Pipsqueak

Re: Looking to test out euphs in AZ

Post by MaryAnn »

I'm not close enough for you to blow my Sterling, but there is a guy in the big band I play with who has a Wessex that he is absolutely delighted with. This is not a low level band and he sounds great.