**SOLD** Benge 290 Symphonic Bass Trombone FS

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
Jhereg
lurker
lurker

**SOLD** Benge 290 Symphonic Bass Trombone FS

Post by Jhereg »

**This instrument has been SOLD. Thank you for your interest!**

Benge 290 Symphonic bass trombone. These are hard to find.
See the Craigslist ad for pics and details: https://kansascity.craigslist.org/msg/6136140087.html

$2500 OBO. Comes with hardshell case and mouthpiece.

Price is flexible, make an offer.
Last edited by Jhereg on Thu May 18, 2017 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steginkt
bugler
bugler

Re: Benge 290 Symphonic Bass Trombone FS

Post by Steginkt »

These are great horns. I know its made for orchestral playing, but I and many others use it for jazz playing. The horn just plays big, and the "money range" perfectly fits the tessitura of a bass bone in a jazz band
Yamaha Xeno YSL-8820
Willson 3400 Eb
Lyon and Healy Sousaphone
5/4 Rudolf Meinl CC
Wessex trumpet
EMC
4 valves
4 valves

Post by EMC »

That looks like it might be my old Benge, regardless these are some great bass trombones i have no idea why they stopped making them!
Ace
5 valves
5 valves

Post by Ace »

EMC wrote:That looks like it might be my old Benge, regardless these are some great bass trombones i have no idea why they stopped making them!
I also am puzzled why they discontinued these horns. I've owned two of them, and several other top brand bass trombones. The Benge 290 really stood out from the crowd. I loved the two-part G/Gb slide.

Ace
Steginkt
bugler
bugler

Re: **SOLD** Benge 290 Symphonic Bass Trombone FS

Post by Steginkt »

My guess is that it was difficult to compete with the Conn and Bach hegemony at the time
Yamaha Xeno YSL-8820
Willson 3400 Eb
Lyon and Healy Sousaphone
5/4 Rudolf Meinl CC
Wessex trumpet
gregsundt
Undecided
Undecided

Re: **SOLD** Benge 290 Symphonic Bass Trombone FS

Post by gregsundt »

The perception was that the Benge symphonic trombones were Kings trying to be Bachs. The truth is they were some of the best production horns ever built. I've played them, taught on them, and sold them to students. Never met one I didn't like.
"The only problem with that tuba is, it does everything you tell it to!" - Robert LeBlanc