Houston CL: Mira 191S

Sell and Buy equipment via Ebay and Craigslist
Forum rules
This is for posting links to off site deals that you are not personally selling,but wanting to pass along good deals
Minkrott
bugler
bugler

Re: Houston CL: Mira 191S

Post by Minkrott »

Almost no dents. Is it more neglect than wear? If so, 30 minutes and $10 could greatly increase the value. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBb3GHJ641k" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank. I have cleaned several silver mouthpieces that looked as bad and turned out very nice.
King 2341 New Style
King 2341 Recording Bell
GRBIC 1907 Eb
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Post by bort »

Looks like tarnish, except om the left side where the previous owner held the tuba... And for that much silver wear there, might indicate no slide pulling was needed. Maybe the air in Houston (humidity, salty air? etc) might make this a real tarnish magnet?

I'm more concerned about the suspicious "wrong price." That tuba should sell for more than that. Perhaps its a great deal though... Someone other than me will have to find out!
TheGoyWonder
4 valves
4 valves

Post by TheGoyWonder »

slide pulling is needed on 191 but hard to do because 1st and 3rd slides and top bow are all jammed together and above your head.
price is pretty correct factoring in the normal penalty for a silver rotary, multiplied by the penalty for wearing thru the silver.
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Post by bort »

I haven't played the 191 enough to really know what it's like, in terms of slide pulling. That was just a guess.

I still think this price is VERY low (can't recall seeing one of these for less than $4,000 around here). If this seller took an hour to shine up this tuba, it would look a whole lot better.