SOLD! B&S PT6P Silver CC tuba. LIKE NEW! MAW Valves!

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
KTurner
bugler
bugler

SOLD! B&S PT6P Silver CC tuba. LIKE NEW! MAW Valves!

Post by KTurner »

SOLD! --$11,000. MAW valves. Priced to sell fast, this new looking B&S PT6P (3198) 5/4 tuba is still available. This model has won many orchestral and Band auditions. It's probably the most frequent winning model, by my best research. It was made around 2002, but has been babied and expertly maintained. There are a couple of very minor scratches, and one tiny dent (both hard to find). The tuba comes with brand new MAW valves ($1,300). These custom valves, made by Martin Wilkes, help the tuba play a little smoother, and give slight warmth and ease of play in the low register. And they feel fantastic!
The tuba is located in Manhattan, NYC. I have lowered the price substantially. So I prefer no shipping. I will however, consider shipping to the highest bidder at the buyers expense. Comes with a gig bag. Hard case available.
kyleturnertuba@gmail.com" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank"
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by KTurner on Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:34 am, edited 3 times in total.
KTurner
bugler
bugler

Re: B&S PT6P Silver CC tuba. The most winning tuba at auditi

Post by KTurner »

Bump
KTurner
bugler
bugler

Re: B&S PT6P Silver CC tuba. LIKE NEW! MAW Valves!

Post by KTurner »

Bump
Ken Crawford
4 valves
4 valves

Post by Ken Crawford »

KTurner wrote: It's probably the most winning model
Its so winning, you might get sick and tired of winning so bigly.
KTurner
bugler
bugler

Post by KTurner »

The MAW valves are NOT sold seperately right now. There has been talk of how MAW valves are very troublesome and sticky. But these work flawelessly with this horn.
Last edited by KTurner on Wed May 31, 2017 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
thatawkwardtuba
lurker
lurker

Post by thatawkwardtuba »

Are you willing to sell only the valves?
Evan Sacks-Wilner

B&S 3198 (Mr. P 5.0 HD)
B&S 3199 (Mr. P 6.5 HD)
KTurner
bugler
bugler

Post by KTurner »

Not anytime soon. I have about 5 people in line for those if I decide to go that way. But the valves really work well with this horn and make it play much better.