Sanders cerveny-like BBb

Sell and Buy equipment via Ebay and Craigslist
Forum rules
This is for posting links to off site deals that you are not personally selling,but wanting to pass along good deals
TheGoyWonder
4 valves
4 valves

Sanders cerveny-like BBb

Post by TheGoyWonder »

is this a Cerveny stencil Sanders or made-in-chyna Sanders?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sanders-BBb-4-4 ... SwPh5ZGuTQ
Heliconer
bugler
bugler

Re: Sanders cerveny-like BBb

Post by Heliconer »

58mark wrote:Seller revised the posting

If I wasn't so determined to get a large Eb, this horn would be MINE. It's so much like my first tuba, I'm wondering if it's the same horn.

great horns, somebody BUY THIS

Done and done :tuba:
A bunch of metal fart noise machines
Dan Schultz
TubaTinker
TubaTinker

Post by Dan Schultz »

Sander (without the 'S') was a pre-WW2 European maker. Sanders (with the 'S') is/was the house brand of Custom Music in Ferndale, Michigan. This particular horn was made by Cerveny/Amati. Recent Sanders tubas are Asian. In fact... one of the first imports was the Sanders 'Imperial' which was a B & S 101 copy that was made somewhere in Asia. However there was a period in the 60's when the Sanders tubas were stencils actually made by B & S/VMI.

The folks are Custom Music have always been fairly 'tight-lipped' about the exact origin of their house brands but from what I've seen... they have payed attention to quality and have always been a good value.
Dan Schultz
"The Village Tinker"
http://www.thevillagetinker.com" target="_blank
Current 'stable'... Rudolf Meinl 5/4, Marzan (by Willson) euph, King 2341, Alphorn, and other strange stuff.
Three Valves
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Three Valves »

Tuba schmuba.

I'm going to the Crossroads to buy back my youth.... :(
I am committed to the advancement of civil rights, minus the Marxist intimidation and thuggery of BLM.
Heliconer
bugler
bugler

Post by Heliconer »

58mark wrote:Congrats! If it plays anything like my first horn, you'll love it. The only reason I sold it was because I needed a bigger horn for the symphony, and at the time couldn't afford more than one tuba

I did have to play D in the staff 4th valve, Eb 2-3,and E 1-2. But other than those fingerings tuning was solid. Remember, this is design that the miraphone 186 CC is based on. Tried and true
Got it today. All I can say is DAMN! what a horn! I way under estimated how great it would be.
Heliconer
bugler
bugler

Post by Heliconer »

58mark wrote:Congrats! How's the leadpipe?

It's actually in good shape. Looks like it had just been cut to do dent work, and then left unlacqured. I plan to remedy that. Nothing wrong with it otherwise :tuba:
saxophyte
bugler
bugler

Post by saxophyte »

Thank you
Glad your happy with the horn .
I still need to sell the Marzan
mshores
bugler
bugler

Post by mshores »

http://www.baltimorebrass.net/index.php?cat=5" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank

Is the Sear on here the same model?