Kalashen Kaiser BBb

Sell and Buy equipment via Ebay and Craigslist
Forum rules
This is for posting links to off site deals that you are not personally selling,but wanting to pass along good deals
thejester10276
bugler
bugler

Kalashen Kaiser BBb

Post by thejester10276 »

Very interesting tuba and description, don't really know enough about it though.
On the side note, I purchased it from a gentleman who used to play this tuba in several Hollywood movies with Gene Wilder and Richard Pryor.
:shock:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kalashens-Kaise ... 2986540229" target="_blank" target="_blank

Heliconer
bugler
bugler

Re: Kalashen Kaiser BBb

Post by Heliconer »

I've played this horn. If you like Miraphones, you'll love the extra bit of bore on this. I LOVED the sound and I can't stand Miraphones. Valves moved well. The horn was overhauled at some time in the past, so the bell is a bit soft, but overall It's a good horn.
A bunch of metal fart noise machines
TheGoyWonder
4 valves
4 valves

Post by TheGoyWonder »

is it closer to normal-sized like a Miraphone or really big like Amati/B&F 691/69. hard to tell with such standard proportions.
Heliconer
bugler
bugler

Post by Heliconer »

TheGoyWonder wrote:is it closer to normal-sized like a Miraphone or really big like Amati/B&F 691/69. hard to tell with such standard proportions.
Its similar to the Miraphone, but it's hard to describe accurately. Essentially, it feels like a "Fat" 186. An inch or two wider, and slightly taller.
A bunch of metal fart noise machines
bigtubby
4 valves
4 valves

Post by bigtubby »

Quite Cerveny-ish - "standard" Cerveny 4/4 tuba bore (20.2mm), not kaiser by most standards. Looks like top loaded valves so probably pre-1938. Most likely a great sounding horn but patches, screen door springs (broken clocksprings) generally beat to crap ...
American sailboats, airplanes, banjos, guitars and flutes ...
Italian motorcycles and cars ...
German cameras and tubas ...
Life is Good.