New Mini Jazz Tuba

TubeNet Sponsors make TubeNet possible!
Wyvern
Wessex Tubas
Wessex Tubas
Location: Hampshire, England when not travelling around the world on Wessex business

New Mini Jazz Tuba

Post by Wyvern »

I am pleased to announce the Wessex TB162 Mini Jazz tuba is out and we now have the first few in stock. Based on the BBb Mighty Midget tornister tuba, we have fitted a forward facing bell of larger dimensions. This really gives it a noticeably bigger sound - we estimate three times the volume of the Mighty Midget and it sounds a bigger tuba with more breath.

Obviously not as portable as the Mighty Midget for travel, if you are just looking for a light, small tuba for standing gigs - this may be the answer.

https://www.wessex-tubas.com/shop/tubas ... b162-jazz/

rodgeman
3 valves
3 valves

Re: New Mini Jazz Tuba

Post by rodgeman »

Very interesting. I noticed the bore is .59". Do you have any clips of it being played?
The Big Ben
6 valves
6 valves

Post by The Big Ben »

Any hope of a detachable/turnable bell like on some baritones? No upright bell necessarily needed but the ability to turn the bell makes it much easier to put in a case. (A baritone I used years ago in school had a turnable bell and I chose it because the case was so much easier to carry that the forward bell baritones.)
Wyvern
Wessex Tubas
Wessex Tubas
Location: Hampshire, England when not travelling around the world on Wessex business

Post by Wyvern »

No plans for a detachable bell. That would mean a collar and more weight
circusboy
4 valves
4 valves

Post by circusboy »

Looks very cool. Love to see/hear a video clip of it in action.

(You're a good player, Jonathan. I don't know why you don't play all the horns you sell on video for your website.)
Ken Crawford
4 valves
4 valves

Post by Ken Crawford »

circusboy wrote:Looks very cool. Love to see/hear a video clip of it in action.

(You're a good player, Jonathan. I don't know why you don't play all the horns you sell on video for your website.)
There are many videos of the wessex tornisters on youtube. They sound tuba like.