(SOLD) Wisemann C900 at Horn Guys

TubeNet Sponsors make TubeNet possible!
The Horn Guys
bugler
bugler

(SOLD) Wisemann C900 at Horn Guys

Post by The Horn Guys »

Sold out, thank you!

We have a set of 4 Wisemann C900 5/4 piston CC tubas in stock, all in silver plate with gold plated trim. Includes hard case. Tubenet special $5795 plus $250 shipping.

-F
Last edited by The Horn Guys on Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ken Crawford
4 valves
4 valves

Re: Wisemann C900 at Horn Guys

Post by Ken Crawford »

Do you know if the production of these tubas will continue now that Buffet owns Wisemann?
The Horn Guys
bugler
bugler

Post by The Horn Guys »

Buffet has no relationship to Wiseman that I ever heard. Wiseman is a brand of Beijing Deyong Musical Instruments. We do have more of the C900 tubas on order in silver plate, delivery in 90 days. If you have other info, please post.

-F
Ken Crawford
4 valves
4 valves

Post by Ken Crawford »

Beijing Wind Instruments Manufacture Company Limited is the parent of Beijing Deyong, the parent of Wisemann. Buffet bought Beijing Wind Instruments Manufacture Company Limited.

http://mmrmagazine.com/91-upfront/4366- ... -wind.html" target="_blank

So will the PT-6p be built in China now you think?
The Horn Guys
bugler
bugler

Post by The Horn Guys »

kmorgancraw wrote:Beijing Wind Instruments Manufacture Company Limited is the parent of Beijing Deyong, the parent of Wisemann. Buffet bought Beijing Wind Instruments Manufacture Company Limited.

http://mmrmagazine.com/91-upfront/4366- ... -wind.html" target="_blank" target="_blank

So will the PT-6p be built in China now you think?
Interesting. This hasn't changed how we do business with DY Music. No, production won't move. Any maker promoting German instruments knows better than to move production to China if they wish to keep the perceived value high.

-F
bisontuba
6 valves
6 valves

Post by bisontuba »

bloke wrote:After GM was given B&S (after the fall of the "Iron Curtain") in exchange for keeping it open (at least, this is what I've heard 200th-hand, so please understand that I'm repeating stuff I've heard, and not verified facts) I noticed a bit-by-bit migration of manufacturing of models from Geretsried to Markneukirchen. Surely (??), this saved quite a bit of money (just as moving a factory from California to rural Tennessee would save money) with no drop in quality.

Perhaps :?: , Buffet's purchase of that company (with a demonstrated-to-be high-grade manufacturing capability), is a similar long-term investment with eventual or immediate/gradual manufacturing migration plans.

just fwiw, not being a huge PT-6P fan (but appreciating them, admitting that I could do my job with one of them, and having received completely unsolicited compliments (i.e. NO "...so what do you guys think of the sound of this tuba?") when playing a Wisemann - with the 'bone section unaware that the instrument was Chinese...

...I strongly prefer (over an array of samples, and cost aside) the Wisemann "copy" to the B&S-manufactured original.
Totally makes sense...it's called survival...adapt or perish....
Cthuba
bugler
bugler

Post by Cthuba »

bloke wrote:
bisontuba wrote:
bloke wrote:After GM was given B&S (after the fall of the "Iron Curtain") in exchange for keeping it open (at least, this is what I've heard 200th-hand, so please understand that I'm repeating stuff I've heard, and not verified facts) I noticed a bit-by-bit migration of manufacturing of models from Geretsried to Markneukirchen. Surely (??), this saved quite a bit of money (just as moving a factory from California to rural Tennessee would save money) with no drop in quality.

Perhaps :?: , Buffet's purchase of that company (with a demonstrated-to-be high-grade manufacturing capability), is a similar long-term investment with eventual or immediate/gradual manufacturing migration plans.

just fwiw, not being a huge PT-6P fan (but appreciating them, admitting that I could do my job with one of them, and having received completely unsolicited compliments (i.e. NO "...so what do you guys think of the sound of this tuba?") when playing a Wisemann - with the 'bone section unaware that the instrument was Chinese...

...I strongly prefer (over an array of samples, and cost aside) the Wisemann "copy" to the B&S-manufactured original.
Totally makes sense...it's called survival...adapt or perish....
no...The Germans and the Chinese should be forced - via some sort of "uniting of nations" or something - to pay the same high wages, and to "sustain" this via unlimited debt creation and money-printing. That's much more "fair".

B.S. rhetoric aside, $6050 rocks for that outfit, imho.
Survival or not I find it inexcusable for an instrument that is over 13K to play anything less than the highest standard for the instrument when compared to a clone of the same model that is 6K. If anything I hope that this market has put pressure on german manufacturers to up their game in quality control.

Fwiw I've played newer PT6's (3198) that are consistently good and only one PT6P that was passable, out of the 5 or 6, and that was not a new model. PT606's (GR41) are even wooorrrrse.

It is inexcusable for a company to allow anything less than the highest standard out of their factory.

That is not to say that there aren't outstanding german manufacturers out there that consistently produce good instruments. This model in particular is one that has irked me with consistency.
The Horn Guys
bugler
bugler

Post by The Horn Guys »

bloke wrote:bump
Thanks for the bump. We sold those 4, a dozen overall. All decent players, but I don't know that I need to buy any more. The poor valve cap threading bothers me, as does the shadiness of the maker.

-F