Wanting a professional level 5/4 or larger c tuba

Post here if seeking to buy music related items.
Forum rules
Reminder: "Go fund me" requests are not allowed and should be reported. All requests will be deleted. If you are Looking to trade an instrument, We are requiring all ads to have the following information. Approximate trade value, Brand, Model, and location (for instruments, not accessories)
Colelmore
bugler
bugler

Wanting a professional level 5/4 or larger c tuba

Post by Colelmore »

I am interested in buying a c tuba of professional quality such as a meinl weston thor or pt6. I want something in the roughly 8-12k price range. Any suggestions or links would be greatly appreciated.
Mark

Re: Wanting a professional level 5/4 or larger c tuba

Post by Mark »

Worth a consideration: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=83234.
johnhadden
bugler
bugler

Post by johnhadden »

I'm selling my CC Nirschl tuba. It's not the 6/4 version, but it's still a hell of a horn. I've advanced to semi-finals or finals with it for the New World Symphony, President's Own Marine Band, US Army Field Band, and West Point Academy Band. I've also used it with success playing with the Jacksonville Symphony, Ocala Symphony, Sarasota Ballet, Terre Haute Symphony, Columbus (Indiana) Symphony, and Carmel Symphony. It's a great horn.

Asking $9k or best offer. Send me an email at john.hadden@buffetcrampon.com" target="_blank to talk further. Thanks!

John
John Hadden
Brass Development Coordinator, Buffet Crampon USA
(904) 412-3682
john.hadden@buffetcrampon.com" target="_blank
Ltrain
3 valves
3 valves

Post by Ltrain »

If I were you (take that with a grain of salt), I'd get my butt here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=83343" target="_blank
Eastman 853 Eb ("Edith")
1963 King 1250 Sousaphone ("Jackie O")
Aguilar Amplification
--------------
Founder, L Train Brass Band
CrownTuba02
bugler
bugler

Post by CrownTuba02 »

I might be selling my Meinl Weston 2165 soon. If you are interested I can provide pictures and some more info.
Principal Tuba - Hartford Symphony Orchestra
The Orchestra Now '22
East Carolina University '18

Eastman 836 CC
Miraphone Bel Canto Solo F
ckalaher1
3 valves
3 valves

Post by ckalaher1 »

johnhadden wrote:I'm selling my CC Nirschl tuba. It's not the 6/4 version, but it's still a hell of a horn. I've advanced to semi-finals or finals with it for the New World Symphony, President's Own Marine Band, US Army Field Band, and West Point Academy Band. I've also used it with success playing with the Jacksonville Symphony, Ocala Symphony, Sarasota Ballet, Terre Haute Symphony, Columbus (Indiana) Symphony, and Carmel Symphony. It's a great horn.

Asking $9k or best offer. Send me an email at john.hadden@buffetcrampon.com" target="_blank" target="_blank to talk further. Thanks!

John
I don't know the seller or this particular tuba, but the chances that this is a very fine playing instrument are HIGH.
johnhadden
bugler
bugler

Post by johnhadden »

ckalaher1 wrote:
johnhadden wrote:I'm selling my CC Nirschl tuba. It's not the 6/4 version, but it's still a hell of a horn. I've advanced to semi-finals or finals with it for the New World Symphony, President's Own Marine Band, US Army Field Band, and West Point Academy Band. I've also used it with success playing with the Jacksonville Symphony, Ocala Symphony, Sarasota Ballet, Terre Haute Symphony, Columbus (Indiana) Symphony, and Carmel Symphony. It's a great horn.

Asking $9k or best offer. Send me an email at john.hadden@buffetcrampon.com" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank to talk further. Thanks!

John
I don't know the seller or this particular tuba, but the chances that this is a very fine playing instrument are HIGH.
I am that seller, and my very biased opinion is that it DOES play very well! If it's gotten "the job done" for me all of these years it can't be too bad. ;)
John Hadden
Brass Development Coordinator, Buffet Crampon USA
(904) 412-3682
john.hadden@buffetcrampon.com" target="_blank
Colelmore
bugler
bugler

Post by Colelmore »

I bought a pt6 now based off of all of your suggestions. Thanks