Hard Case and Gig Bag for King 1241.

The bulk of the musical talk
PlayTheTuba
bugler
bugler

Hard Case and Gig Bag for King 1241.

Post by PlayTheTuba »

Greetings Tubenet! This is my first time posting on Tubenet, my name is Raffi Artinian. I am the tuba player in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6KR4gJwZj4" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank that was linked in the forum “Mouthpiece Hunting” by JoseU1. I own a low pitch Salvation Army 3+1 non-compensating Eb tuba which I added tubing to play in the key of D natural and I own a very beat up King 1241 with only the 22 inch upright bell.

Since I missed a chance to buy a hard case for the King 1241, what would be a good modern hard case to get for it? Is there a hard case on the market that can fit the tuba when the tubas has the bell attached? Even if such a case exists would it still be better to get separate cases for the body and the bell? I would also like to know what are good gig bags to get for this tuba as well. Would the Protec DELUXE TUBA BAG -UP TO 22 BELL be a good gig bag to get?

Also, since I am asking, what would be a good case for the Salvation Army tuba too? Thanks.
PlayTheTuba
bugler
bugler

Re: Hard Case and Gig Bag for King 1241.

Post by PlayTheTuba »

Thank you, that is a helpful link. I may need to contact them to see if it's possible for the upright bell to fit.
Kirley
3 valves
3 valves

Re: Hard Case and Gig Bag for King 1241.

Post by Kirley »

I have a King with the 19” upright bell and use the Wessex 410 gig bag. Fits well.
I’d guess that you could figure out which bag of theirs would work for the 22” bell knowing that the 410 works for the 19”.
Good luck!