Torchinsky Bookmark and Share

No posting restrictions. Post here if seeking to buy music related items.

Torchinsky

Postby sebastubes159 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:48 am

Hi all, I'm in the mists of collecting the our of print Torchinsky books but I'm missing about half the collection. The books I need are VI, XI, XIII-XVII. The rest I have on PDF and am willing to trade. Also give away if you're a student as I am. These books are great resources for us!

Thanks for your time,

Sebastian :tuba:
sebastubes159
lurker
lurker

Re: Torchinsky

Postby Mark » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:06 pm

Copyright?
Mark Wiseman
Mark
6 valves
6 valves

Postby the elephant » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:51 pm

I think he only used parts in the Public Domain, so the only copyrightable stuff are his comments at the front of each book. The ones for the later Russians (especially Shostakovich and Prokofiev) became illegal to sell after the Berne Convention of 1989 (I think that was the one) because they fell back into copyright once the US joined up in the Berne Union. So all those would now be illegal to copy. All the other ones are fair game, I believe.

Or so I have been told. I could very well be wrong.

The Shostakovich volumes were very late additions to the original set of books, and then had to be pulled from the shelves, so hard copies of these volumes are *rare* in comparison to the earlier volumes in the set.
In the multiverse there is a TubeNet where we talk about how we greased our cat with toothpaste and hot sauce so it would fly better in the rain. Even then someone would ask whether the cat was lacquered or silver plated.
the elephant
Papa Legba
Papa Legba

Postby sebastubes159 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:01 pm

Got all the volumes from a new found friend!
sebastubes159
lurker
lurker

Return to Wanting To Buy/Seeking