(SOLD!) Miraphone 5/4 1292 "New Yorker" C tuba 8,500

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
one.kidney
bugler
bugler

(SOLD!) Miraphone 5/4 1292 "New Yorker" C tuba 8,500

Post by one.kidney »

Hello Tubenet,

I am currently a BM Tuba performance major and IU's Jacobs school of Music, studying under Dan Perantoni. I am putting out an offer to sell my Miraphone 1292 "New Yorker" 5/4 CC Tuba. There have been some modifications made my Martin Wilk, such as: Slide stops on 1st and 4th valve slides, Shortened 5th valve slide with thumb pull, and 2 braces added around 5th valve slide to make that section more sturdy. The finger buttons have been made lighter, with the stock valve stems switched out with aircraft aluminum stems, and yamaha springs that are lighter than the stock factory springs. A little laquer has come off of the instrument in places where the braces were soldered on, where the 5th valve slide was shortened, and where the slide stops have been put. Other than that, the horn is in almost perfect condition, and plays really well for a smaller/mid. size 5/4 horn. In my opinion it is better sounding than a MW Thor. My current price is $8,500 w/ Kronkite gig bag and Unitec Flight case. Please post a reply or send me a message if you are interested. Will drive a decent ways to drop off, or I can ship, for a fee.

photos: https://www.flickr.com/photos/158489086@N07/" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank?
Last edited by one.kidney on Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:28 pm, edited 5 times in total.
IU Jacobs School of music BM Performance
Miraphone 1292 "New Yorker" CC
Miraphone Firebird 6v F
one.kidney
bugler
bugler

Re: Selling my Miraphone 5/4 1292 "New Yorker" C tuba

Post by one.kidney »

Still on the market. This a really fantastic horn with a lot of great work done by Martin Wilk.
Miraphone Firebird 6v F
Chris Pearlberg
bugler
bugler

Post by Chris Pearlberg »

Bump for a great instrument!
DM, Indiana University
one.kidney
bugler
bugler

Post by one.kidney »

tuba is still available! Great horn, looking for a buyer.
Miraphone Firebird 6v F
one.kidney
bugler
bugler

Re: Selling my Miraphone 5/4 1292 "New Yorker" C tuba 8,500

Post by one.kidney »

Tuba still available, with a price drop and included with it a United flight case now!
Miraphone Firebird 6v F
unctuba
lurker
lurker

Re: Selling my Miraphone 5/4 1292 "New Yorker" C tuba 8,500

Post by unctuba »

Bump
University of Northern Colorado
Music Education and Tuba Performance
Class of 2020