A. E. Couturier instruments out there?

Post here if seeking to buy music related items.
Forum rules
Reminder: "Go fund me" requests are not allowed and should be reported. All requests will be deleted. If you are Looking to trade an instrument, We are requiring all ads to have the following information. Approximate trade value, Brand, Model, and location (for instruments, not accessories)
humBell
4 valves
4 valves

A. E. Couturier instruments out there?

Post by humBell »

My curiosity is peeked by a baritone i got. And trumpet/cornets seem common enough i wont't feel bad missing out on one. Interested in anything else with the acclaimed "conical bore" although playing low brass, that's what hits me hardest. And the assymetric slide on a trombone?

Anyway, i don't expect this here post to help much, but at least it is better than sitting on my hands... (That makes it a lot harder to type...)
Thanks for playing!
Mikelynch
bugler
bugler

Re: A. E. Couturier instruments out there?

Post by Mikelynch »

My large Couturier helicon is available at BBC (not on their website), in case you are located anywhere near there.
humBell
4 valves
4 valves

Post by humBell »

Mikelynch wrote:My large Couturier helicon is available at BBC (not on their website), in case you are located anywhere near there.
It is within striking distance. I have occasionally discussed a pilgrimage there with others. Now i may even venture there on my own.

Thanks!
Thanks for playing!
windshieldbug
Once got the "hand" as a cue
Once got the "hand" as a cue

Post by windshieldbug »

I have a trombone with the patented slide squirreled away somewhere.
Don't think I'll ever get to it.
Instead of talking to your plants, if you yelled at them would they still grow, but only to be troubled and insecure?
ajtuba
bugler
bugler

Post by ajtuba »

I've got a Couturier fully-conical Eb tuba. Picked it up from a middle school near by - it had been sitting in a storage room for years unused because aside from the main tuning slide it has not other pullable slides and the teachers didn't know what to do with it....

It's got a sound like nothing else I've ever played. Not doing much of anything with it now since I traded away the only small shank mouthpiece I had. Still, it's a very cool horn. Great condition for being well over 100 years old, too.

Andy T.
humBell
4 valves
4 valves

Post by humBell »

windshieldbug and ajtuba, by all means pester me if you ever decide you are looking to sell them.

Obviously there are probably other folk interested who may not have the audacity to post in the wanted section. So no offense taken if a more appealing or convenient buyer crops up before ya ever get to me.

Thanks for sharing!

No one has yet requested my skills as a baritone player, so i have no valid experience yet to report as to whether it plays well with others...
Thanks for playing!
Mikelynch
bugler
bugler

Post by Mikelynch »

I also know of someone with a very pretty Eb helicon that might become available.
humBell
4 valves
4 valves

Post by humBell »

Almost time for an annual bump. Or is that too frequent for this board?

I should say in the meantime, i picked up Mikelynch's helicon from Baltimore Brass, and gave it some attention, and was not quite sure how much of the weirdness in intonation was my poor centering skilz.

But i expect i'll be revisiting that question in the not too distant future.

And i still got interest for something perhaps more managable to compare it to, perhaps so i can work my way up to the big one.

And still no hurry. I got other things to do in the meantime.
Thanks for playing!
humBell
4 valves
4 valves

Post by humBell »

Sure...

Iguess i'll bump this again.

That is, if folk don't think i am bumping this too frequently.
Thanks for playing!
humBell
4 valves
4 valves

Post by humBell »

"Klytus, i'm bored. What play thing can you offer me today?"

Er... I mean "Bump"
Thanks for playing!