C.G. Conn Raincatcher Sousaphone - 4 Valves - SOLD

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
Gongadin
3 valves
3 valves

C.G. Conn Raincatcher Sousaphone - 4 Valves - SOLD

Post by Gongadin »

The Raincatcher is off to Sunny California, where's there's never any rain....but there's an awful lot of dew.
Here's a description: Up for sale is my beautiful C. G. Conn Raincatcher sousaphone. It sports a 22" bell and has four valves, and basically, it's a Conn 40K with an upright bell. As you know, Conn reused model numbers throughout their history. This Raincatcher is actually a model 36-K. The 36K designation was also used for one of their fibreglass horns. This Raincatcher is silver plated with gold wash inside the bell. It's in excellent playing and aesthetic condition. Valves are in excellent shape. It's been through Greg Hendrickson's shop, and it's in great shape. The sousaphone stand in the pictures is not included. This sousaphone was manufactured in 1922, according to the serial number. I will ship this sousaphone at the Buyer's expense, but I'm also willing to deliver it (after it's paid for) on the Canadian side of the border of Upstate New York, or the border of Quebec / Vermont, or the border of Windsor / Michigan. Of course, you're also welcome to come pick up the Raincatcher in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. I'd rather not use PayPal for payment as they are not a fair company. I'd prefer another form of payment, but we can work something out I'm sure. I may be open to trades, but I'm not sure what I'd trade for! :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Gongadin on Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Gongadin
3 valves
3 valves

Re: C.G. Conn Raincatcher Sousaphone - 4 Valves

Post by Gongadin »

Pre-XMas Bump.
obreitys
bugler
bugler

Re: C.G. Conn Raincatcher Sousaphone - 4 Valves

Post by obreitys »

That fourth valve's a nice touch. Definitely not run-of-the-mill. Also, incredibly good condition for a horn of that age!