SOLD -195? Conn 2J, Spectacular Condition, OKC, $3500 - SOLD

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
RJRobinson
bugler
bugler

SOLD -195? Conn 2J, Spectacular Condition, OKC, $3500 - SOLD

Post by RJRobinson »

Hi All,
I've decided to sell my 195? Conn 2J for $3500. The tuba comes with a Cronkhite bag in great shape.

I can not overstate the spectacular condition of this tuba. I won't say it's "like new" but it's pretty close. This tuba dates from the mid 1950's and must have lived in somebody's closet for decades to stay in this kind of shape. The valves are nickel and in the same condition as the rest of the tuba. No need for re-plating. The inner bell is also nickel and looks awesome. When I bought the tuba it had a very long 4th valve slide that acted as a kind of poor-mans compensating system. I found a normal length 4th slide so I can include both in the sale. Apparently, some of these tubas came with both slides originally.

The only reason I'm selling is because I don't have much opportunity to use this wonderful tuba. I love the idea of a 3/4 CC for quintet but I've always used F in that setting and seem to always gravitate that way. This horn should be played by someone and not collect dust in my office.

I won't ship for trial but you are welcome to play test in OKC. I'll buy you lunch and get you set up in a nice room to play as long as you want. Or, I'll ship it to you when I receive payment.

Dr. Ryan Robinson
Assoc. Professor of Tuba and Euphonium
Greenwood School of Music
Oklahoma State University
tubaeuph.okstate.edu