Summer at Brevard Music Center 2018!

Announcements for Auditions, competitions, and the results
Aubrey Foard
pro musician
pro musician

Summer at Brevard Music Center 2018!

Post by Aubrey Foard »

Greetings All,

The application deadline for Brevard Music Center college and high school program is February 16th, 2018! We have room for one college tuba player and two high school tuba players. The audition requirements for the college tuba program are one solo and three excerpts of choice. The audition requirements for the high school tuba program are two contrasting pieces. To apply, click here: https://www.brevardmusic.org/institute/" target="_blank

There is plenty of merit-based and work study scholarship available for the summer program. There are also opportunities for college students to serve as Teaching Assistants or Resident Assistants. Please see the scholarships page for more information.

Also, feel free to follow BMC on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/brevardmusiccenter" target="_blank

Happy Practicing (and recording!)

Aubrey Foard
Principal Tuba, Charlotte Symphony
Tuba and Euphonium Faculty, UCLA
Artist Faculty, Brevard Music Center
Buffet Crampon Artist

Aubrey Foard
pro musician
pro musician

Re: Summer at Brevard Music Center 2018!

Post by Aubrey Foard »

Thanks, Joe! It is a great place to spend a summer.
Johnathan808
bugler
bugler

Post by Johnathan808 »

How long is the summer program and what is the cost not including scholarships?
Graduate Teaching Assistant, Pittsburg State University
BMus Tuba Performance University of Hawai’i at Mānoa

Miraphone 1291 | Meinl Weston 2250
BrassyNathan12
bugler
bugler

Post by BrassyNathan12 »

Johnathan808 wrote:How long is the summer program and what is the cost not including scholarships?
From the website, it's 7 weeks long and costs around $7000
Eastman 836 - AT3U Gold
B&S 5099/2W - Jerome Wiss "G. Capet" Bass Gold
:tuba:
Aubrey Foard
pro musician
pro musician

Post by Aubrey Foard »

That is correct. In the past four years, almost every tuba student has received some sort of financial assistance. High school students receive both merit-based scholarship and need-based work study assistance. College students receive merit-based scholarship; almost all my college students from the past several summers have received a resident assistantship, which comes with a tuition waiver.

For more info, please visit https://www.brevardmusic.org/institute/faq/" target="_blank

For your convenience, I have pasted the most relevant section below:

"What level of scholarship should I expect to receive?

"Brevard offers scholarship support according to merit and to need, so the amount varies from student to student. However, over 70% of students receive some aid from Brevard.

"To be considered for need-based scholarship (work study) you must complete the financial aid portion of the online application. Merit awards are based solely on your audition."
Aubrey Foard
pro musician
pro musician

Post by Aubrey Foard »

Happy February! A reminder that applications are due on February 16th, just over two weeks away! We look forward to hearing you!
Aubrey Foard
pro musician
pro musician

Post by Aubrey Foard »

Final reminder! Applications are due this Friday, February 16th. Looking forward to hearing you and good luck. :tuba:
mikebmiller
bugler
bugler

Post by mikebmiller »

I don't know how much time you get off as a student there, but BMC is right smack dab in the middle of some of the best hiking and mountain biking trails in the East. The picture in the poster is Bridal Veil falls at Dupont State Forest, which is about 15 minutes from BMC. I spend a lot of weekends at that place with my bike.