This town loves Kenny G . . .

The bulk of the musical talk
hup_d_dup
4 valves
4 valves

This town loves Kenny G . . .

Post by hup_d_dup »

. . . and they fabricate over 100,000 saxophones per year.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/03/worl ... d=49411706" target="_blank

Hup
Do you really need Facebook?
The Big Ben
6 valves
6 valves

Re: This town loves Kenny G . . .

Post by The Big Ben »

hup_d_dup wrote:. . . and they fabricate over 100,000 saxophones per year.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/03/worl ... d=49411706" target="_blank" target="_blank

Hup
Interesting article. I had no idea China made as many saxophones as the article says they do.

I don't listen to Kenny G's music but I don't dislike it. I like a little more heat in my music. Or, as Ms. Tina Turner says: "We never, ever play nuthin' nice and easy. We always play it nice and rough."

He's the same age as I am and I know a couple of guys who graduated from HS with him. During HS and college, Kenny Gorlick was a sax man in the Seattle funk band, "Cold, Bold and Together". A club I was in hired them two or three times to play at our drunken brawls, ur, 'evening dances". They were good. One skinny little white guy in a band with 9 black guys. But, he was funky.
Three Valves
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Three Valves »

Neat article.

How did the NYT manage not to mention you know what or you know who in an article about a Chinese village that loves the sax??

:tuba:
I am committed to the advancement of civil rights, minus the Marxist intimidation and thuggery of BLM.
swillafew
5 valves
5 valves

Post by swillafew »

Pat Methany has famously ripped on Kenny. I also read Downbeat magazine years ago where Joe Pass ripped on Pat in the same way, for similar reasons.
MORE AIR