Perantucci 10 Mouthpiece

The bulk of the musical talk
Chris Olka
pro musician
pro musician

Perantucci 10 Mouthpiece

Post by Chris Olka »

...who can tell me about it. Interested...got one and it’s old but works well on this Hagen 6/4 BBb that I’m testing. Any help?
Thanks!
Chris Olka
Cincinnati Symphony
kathott
bugler
bugler

Re: Perantucci 10 Mouthpiece

Post by kathott »

According to the old numbering system, the #10 morphed into the PT 88. They should really publish the old series for the consumers clarification.
Schmenge Kaiser EEb, 3 valve (two rotors, one piston), with a Kosicup mouthpiece (9.2 mm)
Chris Olka
pro musician
pro musician

Post by Chris Olka »

Thanks!
Chris Olka
Cincinnati Symphony
Wes Krygsman
3 valves
3 valves

Post by Wes Krygsman »

For my four valve rotary 6/4 Cerveny 601 BBb, the Miraphone TU-23 or the old C4 works amazingly. Actually thought I had a dud of a horn, but plugged in that mouthpiece and it lit it up. It became easy to play.

Laskey 30G
Wes Krygsman

Adjunct professor-Kean University
Freelance musician-NJ/NYC area & private lessons

Nirschl York 6/4 CC
Yamaha 821 F
Cerveny 601 Kaiser BBb
Yamaha Ybb 103 BBb
Conn 36k Fiberglass sousaphone BBb
doublebuzzing
3 valves
3 valves

Post by doublebuzzing »

Hey, Chris, what do you plan to use the BBb for in the orchestra? The Russians mainly?
Chris Olka
pro musician
pro musician

Post by Chris Olka »

Wes Krygsman wrote:For my four valve rotary 6/4 Cerveny 601 BBb, the Miraphone TU-23 or the old C4 works amazingly. Actually thought I had a dud of a horn, but plugged in that mouthpiece and it lit it up. It became easy to play.

Laskey 30G
Thanks for the info. I’ll look at those as well. Not really sure what rep, other than the obvious Russian and German stuff. If the horn is friendly enough, who knows? This Hagen is really nice....
Chris Olka
Cincinnati Symphony
pwhitaker
3 valves
3 valves

Post by pwhitaker »

The Joseph Klier mouthpieces - http://josefklier.de/mouthpieces/tuba/?lang=en" target="_blank" target="_blank - 1AA in particular (for me) work very well with large German horns.
MISERICORDE, n.
A dagger which in mediaeval warfare was used by the foot soldier to remind an unhorsed knight that he was mortal.
- Devil's Dictionary - Ambrose Bierce
Mark

Post by Mark »

Chris Olka wrote:...who can tell me about it. Interested...got one and it’s old but works well on this Hagen 6/4 BBb that I’m testing. Any help?
Thanks!
You might also like the Miraphone TU-33 mouthpiece. It reminds me of your CB2 but with a bowl shaped cup.
Erik_Sweden
bugler
bugler

Post by Erik_Sweden »

Chris, will you put up a video of your test of the Hagen ?
Miraphone 497 Hagen BBb Tuba, PT-88
Besson BE2052 Prestige Euphonium, Dennis Wick SM3X
Robert Tucci
TubeNet Sponsor
TubeNet Sponsor

PT Current and earlier model designations

Post by Robert Tucci »

Dear Chris and Colleagues,

Here is the information which brought up the discussion:

PT-3 PT-30
PT-12 PT-31
PT-2 PT-32
PT-21 PT-34
PT-1 PT-36
PT-1S PT-38
PT-44
PT-48
PT-20 PT-50
PT-8 PT-60
PT-8 „S“ PT-62
PT-9 PT-64
PT-19 PT-66
PT-7 PT-68
PT-70 Based on the PT-7, with a fuller cup.
PT-25 „S“ PT-72
PT-17 PT-80
PT-23 PT-82
PT-26 PT-83
PT-25 PT-84
PT-0 PT-86
PT-10 PT-88

Most of these have stood the test of time: current models continue to be subject to continued refinement.

The Canadian Brass Heritage Series (MB-50, MB-64, MB-83 and MB-88) has the rather elegant classic outside shell. These are suggested for musicians who like the response of the earlier, lighter PT mouthpieces. The MB-50 sells well.

Please note that I no longer supply the former distributor with Perantucci mouthpieces and cannot guarentee the quality of what they may offer or where such mouthpieces come from. All genuine Perantucci mouthpieces are available from my shop. The new RT (Robert Tucci) line, currently nine models, is available from dealers indicated on the robert-tucci.com web-site.

The original discussion moved off topic. The "Hagan" is of course an excellent contrabass tuba. My favorite "Hagan" (Goetterdaemmerung) was Gottlob Frick: he had an amazing voice and was fond of the tuba!

Bob Tucci
Norlan Bewley
pro musician
pro musician

Post by Norlan Bewley »

Chris, please continue to post your results with the BBb tuba. I have a Holton HP 331 and a Holton 345 (1974-75) BBb.

I've always preferred the BBb to the CC, which often gets strange looks from most pro tuba players. Other musicians don't ever seem to care.
Harvey Phillips and I had a few discussions over the years as to why the CC tuba became the standard and his best conclusion was tradition.
Norlan Bewley