SOLD: Silver MW 3450 $9500

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
thevillagetuba
4 valves
4 valves

SOLD: Silver MW 3450 $9500

Post by thevillagetuba »

SOLD
I am selling a silver Meinl Weston 3450 that is in great condition. Silver is 100%. Small dent in bottom bow and a small ping or two in the bell. Slides move, but not as smoothly as I would like, though the pitch is so consistent and good that I don't need to move them. Valves move smoothly.

I am only selling as this horn is just used as for teaching lessons and I really don't need to use such a nice horn for that (I have other options that are much better suited for that purpose).

Pictures are located at the link below:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... 5fQupaZ6Y2

Price is $9500 and includes the horn, Meinl Weston branded Gotz bag, and an MTS case. Shipping will be at buyers expense, but I am willing to meet up at a reasonable distance (5 or so hours). Horn is located in Cleveland, OH.
SOLD
Last edited by thevillagetuba on Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:50 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Robert S. Pratt
B.M., M.M. Tuba Performance
Getzen G60 prototype
thevillagetuba
4 valves
4 valves

Re: FS: Silver MW 3450 $9500

Post by thevillagetuba »

Bump. Horn is still available. Please feel free to reach out with any questions.
Robert S. Pratt
Getzen G60 prototype
Sousaswag
3 valves
3 valves

Post by Sousaswag »

This question is out of pure curiosity. It says 'small 4/4' on the MW site. How does it compare in size to, say, a King 2341? (Standard 4/4?) Taller? Fatter? Just curious!

Looks like a great horn. Wish I had the money! :D Good luck with the sale!
Meinl Weston 5450RA Tuono
Willson 3200RZ-5
thevillagetuba
4 valves
4 valves

Post by thevillagetuba »

Sousaswag wrote:This question is out of pure curiosity. It says 'small 4/4' on the MW site. How does it compare in size to, say, a King 2341? (Standard 4/4?) Taller? Fatter? Just curious!

Looks like a great horn. Wish I had the money! :D Good luck with the sale!
I can't say that I have played a 2341 recently enough to compare. I would describe this horn as a 4/4minus or a 3/4plus. Its definitely bigger than a 3/4 but doesn't feel as robust as some 4/4. (Kind of like how a 1291 feels a little bigger than a 4/4, but doesn't quite seem like a full 5/4 to a lot of people).

The sound put out by this thing is true 4/4... it can be soft and nimble or can put the bottom on a small orchestra. With the right mouthpiece, I would even say it could sub for a 5/4 and level a standard-sized orchestra.

Hopefully that helps.
Robert S. Pratt
Getzen G60 prototype
CC
pro musician
pro musician

Post by CC »

Hi all,
Permit me an unsolicited bump. I used to own this horn, it’s the best example of a 3450 I’ve ever played and it had excellent intonation and a solid sense of clarity of tone to boot. So often these horns can get too edgy but this one was not. For example, I did a concert of the Wagner highlights from the “Ring Cycle” on this horn with an orchestra of over 100 players and it was plenty of wattage. It’s an excellent do all mid size tuba, and If you’re looking for one of these then this is the one to own.

Chris Combest
Chris Combest
Nashville, TN
thevillagetuba
4 valves
4 valves

Re: On Hold: Silver MW 3450 $9500

Post by thevillagetuba »

Horn is currently on hold.
Robert S. Pratt
Getzen G60 prototype
thevillagetuba
4 valves
4 valves

Post by thevillagetuba »

Buyer fell through, so the horn is available again. Please reach out with any questions.
Robert S. Pratt
Getzen G60 prototype
thevillagetuba
4 valves
4 valves

Post by thevillagetuba »

SOLD
Robert S. Pratt
Getzen G60 prototype