FS: Miraphone 180 F 5V - SOLD

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
wtjohnson4
lurker
lurker

FS: Miraphone 180 F 5V - SOLD

Post by wtjohnson4 »

Hello all,

Up for sale is a great little 3/4 Miraphone/Mirafone F with 5 valves (flat whole-step 5th) that many will recognize (Wade Rackley's old horn). This instrument is certainly unique, and there are others here more qualified to speak on the modifications but here's a quick run-down: raw brass finish, higher leadpipe placement, reverse main tuning slide, updated linkages on the rotors. It is in excellent shape for an instrument its age and with the right mouthpiece selection, this horn works great for (almost) whatever solo, quintet, and ensemble settings you may find yourself in. Letting go of this one because I can keep it and pay for a larger basstuba - I would if I could.

I'm asking $3,200.00 for the tuba and gig bag and will entertain all reasonable offers. The horn is located in Houston, TX and I will ship at the buyer's expense (via Greyhound is preferred). Thanks for looking!

Last edited by wtjohnson4 on Sun May 06, 2018 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wtjohnson4
lurker
lurker

Re: FS: Miraphone 180 F 5V

Post by wtjohnson4 »

Bump for new pics, please feel free to ask any question here or PM. I'm open to offers.

RoosterTuba
bugler
bugler

Post by RoosterTuba »

What's the size of this horn, 4/4?
Stefan Roose

GA Butler University
Wisemann 5/4 CC Tuba
Mack Brass "PT-15"
EMC
4 valves
4 valves

Post by EMC »

How tall is the Horn? I'd imagine it's about the same size as an Alex F right?
wtjohnson4
lurker
lurker

Post by wtjohnson4 »

Hope this helps! The last picture is next to a YCB-621 for comparison.

wtjohnson4
lurker
lurker

Re: FS: Miraphone 180 F 5V SOLD

Post by wtjohnson4 »

SOLD
wtjohnson4
lurker
lurker

Re: FS: Miraphone 180 F 5V - SOLD

Post by wtjohnson4 »

PM Sent