Looking to buy a Euphonium/Baritone

Post here if seeking to buy music related items.
Forum rules
Reminder: "Go fund me" requests are not allowed and should be reported. All requests will be deleted. If you are Looking to trade an instrument, We are requiring all ads to have the following information. Approximate trade value, Brand, Model, and location (for instruments, not accessories)
Nathan_Ouedraogo
lurker
lurker

Looking to buy a Euphonium/Baritone

Post by Nathan_Ouedraogo »

I'm a tuba player, and I'm looking to buy a euphonium or something of the sort. I would be using it in a variety of settings (orchestra to oompah bands), so I would need a versatile instrument. I would prefer an instrument that uses a mouthpiece on the larger side, as my tuba chops can't survive on small mouthpieces!! Here are the instruments I've been eyeing:

-Miraphone 54L
-Miraphone 56A (the C version not the Bb)
-Miraphone 5050
-Alex 151
-Wessex Kaiser Baritone
-Alex C Bass trumpet

Thanks and happy Tubaing! :tuba: :tuba: :tuba:
Rick F
5 valves
5 valves

Re: Looking to buy a Euphonium/Baritone

Post by Rick F »

I play a M5050 and it uses a large shank mpc. The M5050 also has a larger bore than many euphs at .610. The 3-1 student or intermediate level Miraphone (9016988) also takes a large shank. But, that model can be frustrating to play in tune.
Miraphone 5050 - Warburton mpc (Brandon Jones)
YEP-641S (on long-term loan to grandson)
DE mpc (102 rim; I-cup; I-9 shank)
Maasterkrafk88
lurker
lurker

Post by Maasterkrafk88 »

I'm putting my Rudolf Meinl euphonium out to see if any great players are looking for a brilliantly looking great shape euphonium. Willing to send pics...... email me if interested.
BEST
Mike
Email : Occultpaint@gmail.com" target="_blank
iiipopes
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by iiipopes »

Another place for great advice and discussion on all things euph related is Dave Werden's forum:
dwerden.com
Jupiter JTU1110, RT-82.
"Real" Conn 36K.
crbarnes
bugler
bugler

Post by crbarnes »

I have a Mac Brass Euph. Like you I am a tuba player and have a pretty large MP that I could throw in. It is a 3+1 valve compensater, so upright valves.. Plays well and has a decent gig bag with it. I like the horn but find that I really don't use it much so it is barely broken in. Current price for these is $995. I would sell it for $700. You would need to pay actual shipping costs. It is comparable to the Yamaha 642. http://www.mackbrass.com/MACK-EU1150_Comp.php" target="_blank
What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~