25 or 6 to 4?

The bulk of the musical talk
toobagrowl
5 valves
5 valves

Re: 25 or 6 to 4?

Post by toobagrowl »

"Highlights of Blood, Sweat & Tears And Chicago", arranged by Dwight Tibbetts.
Tuba part is 6 pages long, and the '25 or 6 to 4' tune is towards the end. Basically a medley of Chicago hits.
Mark

Post by Mark »

dgpretzel wrote:I haven't been able to find this piece. Sent an email to Mr. Tibbetts to try to find a source.

DG
Let us know if you find a source.
Mark

Post by Mark »

dgpretzel wrote:I should have asked about "Does Anyone Really Know What Time It Is?", too.

(I really care)
Does anyone really care? I can't imagine why.
swillafew
5 valves
5 valves

Post by swillafew »

25 or 6 to 4 on the tuba reminds me of the joke about knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but knowing better than to put it in a fruit salad.
MORE AIR
mikebmiller
bugler
bugler

Post by mikebmiller »

If this becomes available, I would be happy to buy a copy.
Mark

Post by Mark »

mikebmiller wrote:If this becomes available, I would be happy to buy a copy.
I would also buy a copy.
toobagrowl
5 valves
5 valves

Post by toobagrowl »

I talked to our horn player about this piece last evening at quintet rehearsal. She is also our librarian and treasurer. Our music library is HUGE :!: Anyway, she accumulated many pieces from her previous quintet many years ago, including this 'Chicago' piece. She told me it was sort of a one-off piece and (I think) got it thru someone who was in Tibbetts' quintet many years ago. We have many obscure/rare/one-off pieces that were never really put into print.

Glad you were able to contact Mr. Tibbetts. Looks like there are at least a couple ppl here who are interested in buying copies of this piece from him. It is (probably) the only 'complete' Chicago-hits piece for brass quintet out there :idea:
I will tell you it is a workout though - 6 pages and never comes off the face :P But you can play sections from it and not the whole thing if you choose.
imperialbari
6 valves
6 valves

Post by imperialbari »

Schlepporello wrote:I downloaded a band score and made my own arrangement for a small wind ensemble I was part of to play. If you use Noteworthy Composer, I'd be happy to e-mail you my file.
Schleppy, there is one more way of transfer like when you helped me out on a hymn file, I couldn’t open (I have no idea of DG’s computer setup). More cumbersome, but working.

Make screenshots on your big desktop monitor, and send them as.png or .jpg.

Klaus