Loudest metronome?

The bulk of the musical talk
besson900
bugler
bugler

Loudest metronome?

Post by besson900 »

Hello again!

Guys what model of metronome are You using? Now i have KORGs TM 40 nad TM 50 but i fell that they are not loud enough :/

What equipement are You using which is loud enough for You?

All best
Paweł
MikeMason
6 valves
6 valves

Re: Loudest metronome?

Post by MikeMason »

Metronome app bluetoothed to a wireless speaker maybe?
Pensacola Symphony
Troy University-adjunct tuba instructor
Yamaha yfb621 with 16’’ bell,with blokepiece symphony
Eastman 6/4 with blokepiece symphony/profundo
besson900
bugler
bugler

Post by besson900 »

the elephant wrote:Hey, it works in a desktop browser, too. In the search window type "metronome" and you get this:

In and of itself, it is not that loud, but if you are in a bind this works well enough. I imagine that if I ran this through my iMac's external Bose speakers that it would be QUITE loud.

I had no idea that Google have something like, always when I used Google I had to go on some pages- weird O.o

I forgot to write that I was asking about "mobile" small metronome which one I can take with me while I'm going somewhere out of home or practice room
Ace
5 valves
5 valves

Post by Ace »

Loudest metronome? Dunno. However, even though I'm very hard of hearing, I get by nicely with my inexpensive Seiko SQ44 even when practicing FFF passages on my bass trombone and my tuba. The clicker on the Seiko is very loud. It also has an earphone jack.

Ace
timothy42b
3 valves
3 valves

Post by timothy42b »

My Korg KDM-2 is plenty loud.

On the other hand my phone is more often nearby with juice in the battery.
Mark

Post by Mark »

bloke wrote:I don't know what the big deal is, here...??

I just plug my DrBeat into my ol' 1970's Woodson PA.

I only have to turn it up to about 2.
I have a rather nice stereo in my studio. I plug my Dr Beat into it and turn it to about 20 out of 100. I also have a portable PA speaker that I occasionally use when out of the studio.
ZIMETMUS
lurker
lurker

Post by ZIMETMUS »

I"ve always liked the Korg KDM2 [/url]http://www.hickeys.com/search/products/sku057452.php[/url] which has a great loud sound, is easy to use with one hand and can also handle an earpiece if desired. We still have a few in stock at Hickey's.

We're also pretty excited about the replacement - new Korg KDM3 which is the updated version of the KDM2. It is smaller, sounds great and can also be manipulated easily with one hand. We've got this in stock now - just not yet on the website.

We're waiting for delivery on the new Korg IE1M Metronome, In-Ear metronome - has anyone tried this yet?
http://www.korg.com/us/products/tuners/in_earmetronome/
Leland
pro musician
pro musician

Post by Leland »

I've spent a lot of my metronome time without actually playing the horn. "Air and valves", as they call it, is good for figuring out breathing and phrasing, which is a good portion of how a player gets out of tempo. And, without the extra noise of playing, it's a lot easier to hear the metronome.
swillafew
5 valves
5 valves

Post by swillafew »

Yesterday I used the online metronome on the laptop, output to the Presonus interface and to the PA system. However loud it needs to be, it can be now.
MORE AIR