Conn Monster BBflat 3V $500

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
bigboymusic
3 valves
3 valves

Conn Monster BBflat 3V $500

Post by bigboymusic »

http://s1380.photobucket.com/user/Paul_ ... t=3&page=1

I will check the serial # tonight. 100 year old Conn Bflat 3V upright 22inch bell. Valves have been aligned and pads replaced. Purchased to be a summer band/dixie horn. The horn has the very flat third partial. The F I play 1-3, the E I play 123 mostly, but 2 occasionally. The lows are very good and the mid-high range excellent. I play with a Wick 1L and a Schilke Helleberg II. The bottom bow thin brace is un-soldered except for the ends, but hasn't bothered me. Compression is very low, but I do not have any problems with playing in the community band. The horn does what it is supposed to do, with the exceptions of the third partial. Lot of small dents on the bottom and misc small ones throughout, but overall a pretty horn for its age. Please keep in mind, it is $500 for a reason. You do have to fudge that middle ground to play in tune. I personally can play it well, but I have to have a front action. The top action is killing my wrist and arm... I know, big baby. I already have a front action on hold. Just need to get out what I put in, which is cheap. Horn is in KC, MO. Will drive a couple hours either way, and will ship, but it is a big heavy baby. So I won't even try to quote yet....
Paul Weissenborn
St. Joseph Symphony Orchestra (MO)
Spirit of Independence Band
SJSO Quintet
Alex 163 CC
YEB 321S
Frank Ortega
4 valves
4 valves

Re: Conn Monster BBflat 3V $500

Post by Frank Ortega »

PM Sent!