rotary valve Martin BBb

Sell and Buy equipment via Ebay and Craigslist
Forum rules
This is for posting links to off site deals that you are not personally selling,but wanting to pass along good deals
bisontuba
6 valves
6 valves

Re: rotary valve Martin BBb

Post by bisontuba »

Wow
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Post by bort »

Awesome!
MN_TimTuba

Post by MN_TimTuba »

Interesting, that they chose to do the little loopty-loop with the lead pipe, rather than the rotary traditional up and over following along the upper bow.
MN_TimTuba

Post by MN_TimTuba »

YORK-aholic wrote:
MN_TimTuba wrote:Interesting, that they chose to do the little loopty-loop with the lead pipe, rather than the rotary traditional up and over following along the upper bow.
True, but they were being pragmatic. You have to put a main tuning slide somewhere. The more traditional leadpipe would have eaten up the extra length.
Yeah, I had thought the same thing; however, Miraphone, Meinl-Weston, etc, do manage to go up and over while still keeping that big tuning slide down low. The Martin loop just struck me as unusual (and kind of nifty) for a rotary horn. Also, they could have gone up and over and put the tuning slide there, where one could operate it with the left hand, since the right hand stays busy most of the time.
Donn
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Donn »

YORK-aholic wrote:I think it is probably based on the Renowned large 4/4 size rather than the larger Mammoth size. The Renowned I had (3 valve piston top action) was a really good player.
And this one is wrapped for top action, right?