WTB: 3/4, front action, Bb Tuba

Post here if seeking to buy music related items.
Forum rules
Reminder: "Go fund me" requests are not allowed and should be reported. All requests will be deleted. If you are Looking to trade an instrument, We are requiring all ads to have the following information. Approximate trade value, Brand, Model, and location (for instruments, not accessories)
climbingoddess
lurker
lurker

WTB: 3/4, front action, Bb Tuba

Post by climbingoddess »

I'm a former pro trumpet player, currently an active amateur trombone player, and now tubist (haven't played regularly in over 20 years)... I'm seeking a small Bb tuba.

Here are the things I've come to desire:
-3/4 size (I'm not a large human, and will be playing mostly in a chamber ensemble, plus the occasional rock/blues/jazz thing.)
-Bb
-Front action
-Pistons
-3 valves is probably fine, but I wouldn't turn down a 4th
-Not crazy expensive as it's a doubling instrument for me.

Anyone have something sitting in your closet that fits the bill? I'm in the Seattle area.

Thanks!
MikeMason
6 valves
6 valves

Re: WTB: 3/4, front action, Bb Tuba

Post by MikeMason »

Look for an olds 99, conn 5j,conn 4j
Pensacola Symphony
Troy University-adjunct tuba instructor
Yamaha yfb621 with 16’’ bell,with blokepiece symphony
Eastman 6/4 with blokepiece symphony/profundo
MN_TimTuba

Post by MN_TimTuba »

Check this one, seems to be still available - viewtopic.php?f=4&t=83141#p628612" target="_blank. Good luck to you!
Ace
5 valves
5 valves

Post by Ace »

You were a pro trumpet player. If you read bass clef well, you could get a CC tuba and use trumpet fingerings without having to learn those darned BBb fingerings. I have a lovely Weril 3/4 CC tuba, four front action pistons, that is in beautiful condition. I can give you a good price. Send me a PM if you want details.

Ace