Summer Programs

The bulk of the musical talk
BrassyNathan12
bugler
bugler

Summer Programs

Post by BrassyNathan12 »

Hi all,
I am currently a Junior in high school, and I'm looking for summer programs to apply and attend for since I haven't been to one yet. I currently live in California, but if it's not too expensive (like... $4000+ type of expensive), I can probably go to another state or something.

tl;dr, basically please help recommend me some great summer programs!

Thanks! :tuba:
Nathan
Eastman 836 - AT3U Gold
B&S 5099/2W - Jerome Wiss "G. Capet" Bass Gold
:tuba:
Ken Crawford
4 valves
4 valves

Re: Summer Programs

Post by Ken Crawford »

The best summer program is at Interlochen, at Interlochen Michigan. It'll be the best 6 weeks of your life. Tuition is up to $9200 looks like, but they are generous with scholarships. I did the summer program for five summers and attended the academy for my junior and senior years in high school.
Scubatuba
bugler
bugler

Post by Scubatuba »

Don't miss this opportunity!

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=85852" target="_blank
fenne1ca
3 valves
3 valves

Post by fenne1ca »

I second the recommendation for Interlochen, but if it's looking too pricey theb Blue Lake is also wonderful. Spent three Summers attending Blue Lake in high school, and it changed my life. Only an 11-day camp, but they keep you busy. Either place, you'll work and play hard.
Chris Fenner
1918 Keefer Eb
191? Keefer BBb Helicon
Three Valves
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Three Valves »

pauvog1 wrote:http://www.redlands.edu/study/schools-a ... s-seminar/" target="_blank

Another option, especially since you are in CA.
OK.

This is more like it...

High School Seminar Program
June 18-23, 2018

Directed by Scott Sutherland, the High School program includes many of the clinics and concerts from the Pokorny Low Brass Seminar plus special workshops and ensembles. Cost for the program is $725 including room and board or $400 for commuting students.
I am committed to the advancement of civil rights, minus the Marxist intimidation and thuggery of BLM.
paulver

Post by paulver »

Brevard Music Center in North Carolina. 6 weeks over the summer. Led by Leith Lockhart...... conductor of the Boston Pops.
Three Valves
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Three Valves »

Ken Crawford wrote:Tuition is up to $9200 looks like, but they are generous with scholarships.
:shock:

They sure are "generous" with the poor sap's money that is paying the full freight!!
I am committed to the advancement of civil rights, minus the Marxist intimidation and thuggery of BLM.
Ken Crawford
4 valves
4 valves

Post by Ken Crawford »

Three Valves wrote:
Ken Crawford wrote:Tuition is up to $9200 looks like, but they are generous with scholarships.
:shock:

They sure are "generous" with the poor sap's money that is paying the full freight!!
Well that is all inclusive...and nobody pays full tuition except the children of Russian oligarchs.