Yamaha TMP-BB Clear Mouthpiece

The bulk of the musical talk
tubazach07

Re: Yamaha TMP-BB Clear Mouthpiece

Post by tubazach07 »

I have that same exact mouthpiece. I bought it when I was stationed in Japan. It just hangs out in my house. My 3 year old son runs around the house buzzing on it. I asked my wife to give me the reader digest of the back of the box. It says it’s a practice mouthpiece(my guess used to help train students) made from light and strong polycarbonate that you can also use to play the tuba with. Then it lists warnings like don’t use a hard brush to clean it, dont tighten it too hard in the tuba, make sure your mouth is clean before using, dont use alcohol and thinner to clean it, you can however use Yamaha mouthpiece cleaner, don’t put close to flame and stove.
Three Valves
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Three Valves »

tubazach07 wrote: Then it lists warnings like don’t use a hard brush to clean it, dont tighten it too hard in the tuba, make sure your mouth is clean before using, dont use alcohol and thinner to clean it, you can however use Yamaha mouthpiece cleaner, don’t put close to flame and stove.
...the State of California has determined it will cause cancer.
I am committed to the advancement of civil rights, minus the Marxist intimidation and thuggery of BLM.
J.c. Sherman
6 valves
6 valves

Post by J.c. Sherman »

the elephant wrote:Hi-ya, J.c. … ;-)

BUMP! HAHAHA!!!
Merci!

Did you try it on a tuba?
Instructor of Tuba & Euphonium, Cleveland State University
Principal Tuba, Firelands Symphony Orchestra
President, Variations in Brass