F/S: Eastman CC Tuba with Cronkhite Gig bag $4,750

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
Emerickfalta
bugler
bugler

F/S: Eastman CC Tuba with Cronkhite Gig bag $4,750

Post by Emerickfalta »

Eastman 632 CC Tuba with Cronkhite gigbag - $4,750

Designed by Matt Walters; It is a wonderful instrument that does well in all styles of playing. I have used it in multiple settings, from solo playing, chamber music, Bands and Orchestras. I used this same tuba to audition at colleges and conservatories as well.

How it plays:
I find the instrument to be an easy, free blowing CC horn that is flexible in all registers. It is easy to get the "pop" that you want in the lower register, and the satisfying "ping" in the middle and upper registers. I also find it very responsive with an even tone quality throughout the horn.
In my opinion, I find this horn to be a versatile instrument. I have always found this horn to blend easily with an orchestra section and achieve a light feel in a chamber group.

Intonation:
I find that pulling the First and Third valve slides slightly are most beneficial to achieving good intonation. But overall, it is very consistent and easy to achieve good intonation with the Eastman.

Purchased in Feb 2016 at Dillon Music from Matt Walters. He picked it up himself at the Army Band Conference in 2016. It is well broken into, since I bought it new from Matt and really have put hours into the horn and enjoyed my time with it. It was chemically cleaned last September, and it has always been serviced by Matt Walters.

If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to reach out to me:

Emerick Falta
Text or Call: (914) 316-7004
Email: Emerickfalta@msn.com" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank Email me for pictures!

The horn is located in NYC at the Manhattan School of Music.

Asking Price: $4,750
Also included:
Black Cordura Cronkhite purchased December 2016 (it fits the horn perfectly!)
fenne1ca
3 valves
3 valves

Re: F/S: Eastman CC Tuba with Cronkhite Gig bag $4,750

Post by fenne1ca »

E-mail sent.
Chris Fenner
1918 Keefer Eb
191? Keefer BBb Helicon
Tuba Shorty
lurker
lurker

Re: F/S: Eastman CC Tuba with Cronkhite Gig bag $4,750

Post by Tuba Shorty »

Hi Emerickfalta!
I have ordered an Eastman 632 C tuba from my local music store. I'll be getting the horn in Mid May. My music store told me that the Eastman C tuba comes with a mouthpiece, and I was wondering how the mouthpiece plays? Is it a deep cup or shallow? Is there a more well known mouthpiece that it can be compared to?

Thanks in advance!