FS/FT: MW 2250 F tuba - sold

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
Jim Andrus
bugler
bugler

FS/FT: MW 2250 F tuba - sold

Post by Jim Andrus »

Hi everybody,

My playing needs and goals are leading me in a direction where I’d like to trade my Meinl 2250 for a German rotary valved F tuba. I’m the second owner of this fine instrument which was purchased new in 2015, so it is in immaculate condition. The tuba is in lacquer and has only a couple tiny tiny dings. My email is jamesandrus95@gmail.com" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank.

The horns I’m specifically looking for are the B&S PT10, newer B&S horns (JBL, 56AFT etc.) or the Miraphone 181 Bel Canto (and other newer Miraphones) but all offers will be at least considered. I prefer Gold Brass but will consider Yellow Brass as well. One big caveat that is important: the tuba must have 6 valves and be in the 4+2 style setup. The reason for this is because with any rotor valved instrument I’ve ever tried with a thumb operated 5th valve, the placement causes me to have to contort my hand in a way that causes a lot wrist pain in order to reach the 5th valve. So the 2 left hand valves are a must. I'd like to get around $9,000, however I'm open to offers around that range as well.

Depending on the model and shape of any horns offered for trade, there may be a trade + cash required, which will be discussed on a case by case basis.

I’m located in Salt Lake City, UT. Shipping is an option, but also a huge hassle and I’d prefer to drive and meet half way to avert any potential disasters, and am willing to do so up to a very considerable distance.

Thanks a bunch!

Jim Andrus
Last edited by Jim Andrus on Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:36 am, edited 17 times in total.
Jim Andrus
bugler
bugler

Re: WTT/WTS: Meinl Weston 2250 for Rotor F tuba

Post by Jim Andrus »

Bump!
Last edited by Jim Andrus on Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jim Andrus
bugler
bugler

Re: WTT/WTS: Meinl Weston 2250 for Rotor F tuba

Post by Jim Andrus »

Bump!
Last edited by Jim Andrus on Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jim Andrus
bugler
bugler

Re: WTT: Meinl Weston 2250 for Rotor F tuba - UPDATE FOR PIC

Post by Jim Andrus »

Bump for pics! Follow this link.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=142BSN ... 7yh1ys139U" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank

As you can see the horn is pristine. 100% lacquer, two or three tiny tiny dings. I tried to capture them in the pictures. They would be very easily removed. One tiny spot of discoloration on the bell rim also pictured. I was told that it was there when the horn was received new from the factory.

Included would be a Meinl Weston gig bag, and a nirschl hard case, which just requires a little extra padding for a snug fit (not pictured). $9,500 for everything if someone would like to buy rather than trade. I’m open to either! Offers considered. These sell new for $12,500 at Baltimore brass. This horn is like new and $3,000 off the new price and includes a hard case and gig bag.
Jim Andrus
bugler
bugler

Re: For sale/trade: Meinl Weston 2250 - UPDATE FOR PICS

Post by Jim Andrus »

Bump to the top!
Jim Andrus
bugler
bugler

Re: For sale/trade: Meinl Weston 2250 - $9000

Post by Jim Andrus »

Bump for price adjustment to $9,000. Several interested parties have made contact so far, but the horn is still available. Reasonable offers will be considered, and I’m still interested in a trade for the right horn.
Jim Andrus
bugler
bugler

FS/FT: Meinl Weston 2250 - Price update

Post by Jim Andrus »

Bump! I’m very open to reasonable offers and flexible with my price point. Still looking for the right trade as well!

Horn will be professionally cleaned and serviced within the next couple of weeks.
Jim Andrus
bugler
bugler

Re: FS/FT: MW 2250 F tuba - Price update

Post by Jim Andrus »

Bump.
Alex C
pro musician
pro musician

Post by Alex C »

You might get a response if you stated the price you have in mind. I know I was interested but moved on to other options because this fell off my radar with no price. Or maybe you only want a trade.

Not a critique, just thinking that's why I passed on this.
City Intonation Inspector - Dallas Texas
"Holding the Bordognian Fabric of the Universe together through better pitch, one note at a time."

Practicing results in increased atmospheric CO2 thus causing global warming.
Jim Andrus
bugler
bugler

Post by Jim Andrus »

I have it posted in one of posts in the comment stream, but you are correct that it was not posted in the original post. Updated.
Jim Andrus
bugler
bugler

Re: FS/FT: MW 2250 F tuba - $8,600

Post by Jim Andrus »

Bump for price drop to $8,600!
tubageek96
lurker
lurker

Re: FS/FT: MW 2250 F tuba - $8,600

Post by tubageek96 »

PM sent!
Stephen Adcock
Vanderbilt c/o 2021
Jim Andrus
bugler
bugler

Re: FS/FT: MW 2250 F tuba - on hold

Post by Jim Andrus »

I’ve decided to keep this horn for the time being until further notice. Thanks to all inquirers.