SOLD: Besson 4 Valve Compensating BBb Tuba 4/4 | $1,500

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
Tubaing
4 valves
4 valves

SOLD: Besson 4 Valve Compensating BBb Tuba 4/4 | $1,500

Post by Tubaing »

This is a great playing tuba. It was built like a tank (strong, thick metal). It is probably from the 1950’s (serial number 447,XXX).

4 valve Compensating means that when you hold down the fourth valve, you switch the tuba from playing in BBb to FF. It adds the extra tubing so that you can play Low E, Eb, D, Db, C, and B in tune without a fifth valve.

There are no giant, dents, but there is a lot of dents and the tubing is out of round around where the bottom bow meets the next branch and it makes it tricky to remove the 4th valve.

The slides all move and the valves are fast. I replaced the receiver to accept standard size tuba mouthpieces.

There are lots of scratches and a lot of the lacquer is gone. The protec gigbag is a little bigger than I would like, but is better than nothing for sure.

I do not have a matching set of finger buttons (there are 2 originals and the other two mismatch).

I am willing to ship by Greyhound at the buyer’s expense.

Located in Boulder, CO

$1,500
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Tubaing on Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:34 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Kevin Specht
Keep on Tubaing
TheGoyWonder
4 valves
4 valves

Re: Besson 4 Valve Compensating BBb Tuba 4/4 | $1,500

Post by TheGoyWonder »

Show pistons plz!
You really have inspect the pistons on these bessons.
Voisi1ev
bugler
bugler

Post by Voisi1ev »

Was going to say the same, more pictures would be great! Pistons, and maybe some closeups of the worst of the damage.
Tubaing
4 valves
4 valves

Post by Tubaing »

Pistons at their worst
Pistons at their best
Worst Damage (I think)
Back Side
Banged up knuckles
Kevin Specht
Keep on Tubaing
TheGoyWonder
4 valves
4 valves

Post by TheGoyWonder »

sigh, I'm gonna let it go. pretty close to what I'd like to see though!
obreitys
bugler
bugler

Post by obreitys »

Wow! I wasn't aware this design was that old! I own this exact model; bought it only a couple of years ago. (By the way bloke, they're calling it the Sovereign series now :wink: ) Looks exactly the same. Must mean it's a solid build...
Tubaing
4 valves
4 valves

Post by Tubaing »

This tuba is now on hold! I will update this post when appropriate. Thank you! :tuba:
Kevin Specht
Keep on Tubaing