Willson 2900TA For Sale

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
mgrevengoed
lurker
lurker

Willson 2900TA For Sale

Post by mgrevengoed »

This used Willson 2900TA Euphonium was purchased by me from the Tuba Exchange in 1996. It was used when I purchased it. I emailed the Willson company but they could only tell me that it was over 20 years old (which I knew, of course). I played it for the end of my undergraduate and all of graduate school and went on to become a band director. I don't play it much any more and have made the tough decision to sell it. It's a beautiful instrument, I love the way it plays and it needs a good home - someone who will use it. There is a bit of wear by the first valve where my thumb would touch it, a slight scratch on the first valve slide and a small dent going to the fourth valve. I just had it cleaned and polished so it looks great. It comes with a hard case that I only used a few times to travel with although the case is a bit beat up. I tried to include photos of all the slides and valves. I can take more photos on request.

I hope to find it a great home - it's tough to part with. I'm asking $5000 but open to offers and buyer pays shipping.

I set up a website with photos...

https://willson2900ta.weebly.com" target="_blank
mweyandt
lurker
lurker

Re: Willson 2900TA For Sale

Post by mweyandt »

What shank size does this horn have?
mgrevengoed
lurker
lurker

Post by mgrevengoed »

European
mgrevengoed
lurker
lurker

Post by mgrevengoed »

Could I ask some advice? I was told by several people that they thought my euphonium was priced well and should see pretty quickly. When I first listed it, I had quiet a bit of interest but no one came through to purchase. Am I priced OK? Do you have any other ideas for me?
Sousaswag
3 valves
3 valves

Post by Sousaswag »

It's priced okay, but remember, euphonium is a pretty niche instrument. Not a lot of people play it, and not everyone is ready to drop $5k on a professional instrument. Just give it more time. Someone will bite!
Meinl Weston 5450RA Tuono
Willson 3200RZ-5
PMeuph
5 valves
5 valves

Post by PMeuph »

mgrevengoed wrote:Could I ask some advice? I was told by several people that they thought my euphonium was priced well and should see pretty quickly. When I first listed it, I had quiet a bit of interest but no one came through to purchase. Am I priced OK? Do you have any other ideas for me?
My $0.02

If you had a reasonably priced student model, or a great bargain pro horn, it would be gone quickly. Give it some time, or if you're in a real hurry drop the price drastically. $5k is probably fair. It's richer than my budget, but not impossible.

Also, ask yourself this, what kind of person buys a professional instrument in February. Students (Both HS and College) will either need to buy horns between May and September (After they don't have a school one or their teacher recommends something else in September) And, if I were auditioning for college right now, I wouldn't want to learn a new horn right before the audition.

That said the horn seems like it's in great condition!

Local sales sometimes work really well, have you reached out to the local college prof?
Yamaha YEP-642s
Boosey & Hawkes 19" Bell Imperial EEb
Aglenntuba
bugler
bugler

Post by Aglenntuba »

I would post this on David Werden's site as well for more success, possibly.
mgrevengoed
lurker
lurker

Post by mgrevengoed »

SOLD to a good home! =) Glad it will be used and used well!