Price Reduced Conn CC 4 Valve Tuba $3000 SOLD

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
boredhorns
lurker
lurker

Price Reduced Conn CC 4 Valve Tuba $3000 SOLD

Post by boredhorns »

I was thinking about consigning this tuba at 5500 which was the estimated value from a well known consignor but divorce court has gotten the best of me. If you go to Baltimore Brass you will see this same model in Bb for $5500. This is a CC tuba. I had a professional tuba player play this a couple weeks ago and he said it had an amazing sound but suggested the valves were misaligned and that the valves need adjustments. The serial number dates this horn to 1923 and this is not someones Frankenstein model. I believe by looking at the horn at Baltimore Brass that this horn was made in the Conn Factory. I am only selling cheap because I need some money for court. At 3K this is a steal and I think most people will realize it. Check out the youtube link for better idea of condition. [youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c32McOK9fVk[/youtube]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by boredhorns on Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:51 pm, edited 4 times in total.
groovlow
bugler
bugler

Re: Conn 4 Rotary Valve CC Tuba

Post by groovlow »

Welcome to Tubenet
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=86389
boredhorns
lurker
lurker

Re: Conn 4 Rotary Valve CC Tuba $4000

Post by boredhorns »

I found serial number 199572 which dates this horn to 1923. Any significance in determining the model number or the rarity of this horn? Thank You
Alex C
pro musician
pro musician

Re: Conn 4 Rotary Valve CC Tuba $4000

Post by Alex C »

I can tell you a lot of things this horn is NOT. Telling you what it IS, that's another matter. You are not going to get the value paid to you without knowing what it is.

Was it a Conn custom, one-off model or someone's frankenstein? It is an interesting horn, if I was closer to Chicago, I would try to play it and make an offer. I bet there are a lot of folks like that. 6k is a serious amount of money for a WAG of a horn, even 4k is a gamble. Very interesting tuba though.
City Intonation Inspector - Dallas Texas
"Holding the Bordognian Fabric of the Universe together through better pitch, one note at a time."

Practicing results in increased atmospheric CO2 thus causing global warming.
boredhorns
lurker
lurker

Re: Price Reduced Conn CC 4 Valve Tuba $3000 Youtube Video

Post by boredhorns »

Cross posted. I don't think it will last long at this price
Frank Ortega
4 valves
4 valves

Re: Price Reduced Conn CC 4 Valve Tuba $3000 Youtube Video

Post by Frank Ortega »

PM sent