Looking for people to try lubes

The bulk of the musical talk
Oldschooltuba
bugler
bugler

Re: Looking for people to try lubes

Post by Oldschooltuba »

Resilience Oils Review

I was asked to review some products from Resilience Oils. Over all I am happy.

F-1 Valve Oil, True Synthetic. Works very well. I play 5 piston horns. At least 2-3 each day. So I only own 3 rotors. The oil works very well. I apply usually only once a day, sometimes when everything is good not at all. No odor and slippery. I definitely recommend this oil.

F-1 Kick Gel. If I am using this right, it works very well. I only use it on my first and fourth slides as I move these. I cleaned the other stuff I used off and went with the gel. Only a drop or so needed, it will run off. It need to be reapplied every day, but is makes slide manipulation very smooth.

The “paste” (sorry I don’t have the product name in front of me) for the other slides is fine. It’s just not something I use. So I really cannot review this product.

Overall review is that these oils work very well.
Eric Hunter
http://www.tubaforum.net/index.php" target="_blank
186CC 5U (gone)
Rudy Meinl 5/4 CC (gone)
Silver CC Piggy (gone)
Meinl Weston F Model 45 (Gone)
B&S 5/4 CC Prototype
Yamaha 822F
York 6/4 CC (yes a real York BAT)
ronr
bugler
bugler

Post by ronr »

Got an email response from him that he’s no longer sending out samples, so be aware.
Tubaryan12
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Tubaryan12 »

Update on my update:

I decided to try this oil on my old euphonium. It's a 4 valve Yamaha clone. This thing has given me the blues with sluggish and sticking valves since the beginning. It would take oiling at the start and intermission to keep it going. I've never made it though a complete concert without having problems at some point during the concert. When I purchased my John Packer, I cleaned this horn, oiled it, and put it away over a year ago.

I took the thing out of its case today and of course, the valves were all frozen. Warm air and gentle taps got the valves loose again and I oiled it with resilience oil F-1 valve oil. I've been playing it off an on for the better part of an hour now and not a single sluggish moment. As far as I'm concerned, this has been the real test for me. This horn and me have never worked well together. My chemistry and these piston valves just don't get along. I no longer fear playing this horn now because of this oil.

The Kick gel works great on my tuning slide for my Marzan tuba, and the F-1 MTS grease is crystal clear and as good as anything I've ever used on my slides.

Since Chris from Buddy Roger's Music turned me on to this, I'd like to make my first purchase from him (email sent, btw). If they don't carry it, I'll order directly from Resilience. I'll be putting a bottle of the valve oil in every case!
Marzan BBb
John Packer JP-274 euphonium
King 607F
Posting and You
groth
3 valves
3 valves

Post by groth »

Looks like the jury is out, the product works well and the guy is a great and generous businessman. I received mine towards the original offer within 3 days it was in my mail box which was impressive. On my piston horn, the valve oil actually went about 3 rehearsals before it needed to be re-applied (can't say that about Al Cass or Blue Juice). Didn't try the other product yet he sends in the bag (for free). I am wondering if they are developing a rotary oil? I'd like to compare with Hetman and others.
TheTuba
3 valves
3 valves

Post by TheTuba »

groth wrote:Looks like the jury is out, the product works well and the guy is a great and generous businessman. I received mine towards the original offer within 3 days it was in my mail box which was impressive. On my piston horn, the valve oil actually went about 3 rehearsals before it needed to be re-applied (can't say that about Al Cass or Blue Juice). Didn't try the other product yet he sends in the bag (for free). I am wondering if they are developing a rotary oil? I'd like to compare with Hetman and others.

2 members at least have not received their samples.
I would put a good signature here, but i dont have one, so this will make do.
groth
3 valves
3 valves

Post by groth »

TheTuba wrote:
groth wrote:Looks like the jury is out, the product works well and the guy is a great and generous businessman. I received mine towards the original offer within 3 days it was in my mail box which was impressive. On my piston horn, the valve oil actually went about 3 rehearsals before it needed to be re-applied (can't say that about Al Cass or Blue Juice). Didn't try the other product yet he sends in the bag (for free). I am wondering if they are developing a rotary oil? I'd like to compare with Hetman and others.

2 members at least have not received their samples.
It's 2018, there's many ways to get ahold of the gentleman. Try his social media page for Resilience Oils which also gives a contact number, e-mail, etc...it's fairly straight forward instead of wondering. Call him and I am sure he will send it out if he can verify you asked for it here early on. Not speaking for him, but that's pretty standard business practice of a reputable company.

https://www.facebook.com/resilienceoils/" target="_blank
ResilienceOils
lurker
lurker

Post by ResilienceOils »

Hello All,
I addressed the people who didn't receive samples. Some get caught up in the mail or other things happen...dunno but I am always willing to stand behind my product. I do work a full time job besides the oil things as it does not support my lively hood. I do apologize if anything go dropped through the cracks but I spend time combing through back emails to make sure everyone gets addressed. I have sent out probably over a 100 samples of full sets and have gotten to the point that if I would have kept sending out samples that I wouldn't have had enough money or product to fulfill standing orders with companies who have started carrying the products. I do appreciate fully the people who have shown interest in the product and given feedback on trials and maybe in the future I will be able to send out more samples.
Thanks Again,
Levaix
bugler
bugler

Post by Levaix »

^^^ I can speak from experience that running a small operation like this and doing something like what Matt has done with these samples can be a very difficult thing to keep in order, especially given the number of other things an entrepreneur needs to keep on top of to be successful. The fact that I'm not still running my own tech repair company anymore is solid enough evidence of that for me. I was impressed enough with his service and his product that I put in a paid order, which I will talk about shortly. I just wanted to say something as this entire thing about a couple people repeating "I never got my free samples" over and over is not only beneath us as tuba-euphonium players (I swear this isn't sarcasm...), but can cause real harm to a new business trying to get off the ground.

With that out of the way... I really like this product. I haven't had much of a chance to extensively test as much as I would have liked, but it's been nothing but a good experience using it so far. My horns that have had sporadic problems in the past with sticking valves no longer do. On my new JP Sterling baritone, my first and third valves have had repeated issues with sticking and needing to be re-oiled in the middle of rehearsal. On Sunday during a two and a half hour long brass band rehearsal, my third valve stuck exactly once, where previously I would have been fighting it off and on for the entire time. My only complaint is that the speed is only "good enough." I mentioned this to Matt and he advised they do carry another formulation of valve oil that is approximately 33% lighter. I'm happy to say two bottles are on their way and I am officially order # 31 through his website. Also, apparently the formulas do mix, and that's always nice. As mentioned the slide grease is great, absolutely no complaints so far on that front. I haven't tried the oil on my flugabone valves, but given my experience so far it may be smooth enough to replace Hetman's Classic as my go-to.

Thanks again to Matt for the samples and the advice! I may offer a couple more words when the lighter oil gets here. If my praise sounds excessive, it's only because I want Resilience to succeed so I can continue to use it. ;)
TheTuba
3 valves
3 valves

Post by TheTuba »

I only put in the comment because some people felt ignored.
Now that he has responded, and provided a accurate reason why, I take back what I saying.
plus, the TNFJ have loved this product.
I would put a good signature here, but i dont have one, so this will make do.