CD’s for Sale

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
thebrandyman
bugler
bugler

CD’s for Sale

Post by thebrandyman »

Hi all,

I am looking to part with a few CD’s that I have lying around. I would like $35 for all four CD’s. I will cover the cost of shipping.

Maurice Abravanel & the Utah Symphony Orchestra: Mahler, “Symphony No. 1”
Lorin Maazel & the Berlin Philharmonic: “The Ring Without Words”
Mariss Jansons & the Bavarian Radio Symphony Orchestra: Mahler, “Symphony No. 3”
David Kutz: “Pure Imagination” (CD only)

If you find yourself interested, please send me an email through the website. All CD’s are in fantastic condition. They will all be shipping out of New York City.

Thank you!

( :tuba: )
barry grrr-ero
4 valves
4 valves

Re: CD’s for Sale

Post by barry grrr-ero »

I'm curious about the Mahler 3. Mariss Jansons recorded his M3 with the Amsterdam Concertgebouw. Bernard Haitink recently recorded it with the Bavarian Radio Symphony Orchestra (and it's a good one). If it is, indeed, what you say it is, did you pick it up in Munich? There's a video of that performance in 2010, but I can not find any reference to an actual cd.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5HaFwIXuFc" target="_blank" target="_blank

I'd be interested if it's the same as the video, as Nathalie Stutzman is a lot better than Gerhild Romberger.
thebrandyman
bugler
bugler

Post by thebrandyman »

barry grrr-ero wrote:I'm curious about the Mahler 3. Mariss Jansons recorded his M3 with the Amsterdam Concertgebouw. Bernard Haitink recently recorded it with the Bavarian Radio Symphony Orchestra (and it's a good one). If it is, indeed, what you say it is, did you pick it up in Munich? There's a video of that performance in 2010, but I can not find any reference to an actual cd.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5HaFwIXuFc" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank

I'd be interested if it's the same as the video, as Nathalie Stutzman is a lot better than Gerhild Romberger.

Hi there,

I had a difficult time referencing the CD myself. It is indeed Mahler 3 with Maestro Jansons, given to me by Herr Tischler himself. An absolutely generous gift and I appreciated it, but in this day and age, everything is stored on a computer, eh? Id rather share the magnificent CD.
barry grrr-ero
4 valves
4 valves

Post by barry grrr-ero »

There doesn't appear to be a way to PM you. Are you interested in selling the Mahler 3 separately? Does yours come with a proper booklet? If so, was it issued by BR Klassik?

One can get that same performance on a 'pirate' cd (2 discs) from House of Opera for about $11 (that includes the shipping). That wouldn't have a booklet though. FYI.
thebrandyman
bugler
bugler

Post by thebrandyman »

barry grrr-ero wrote:There doesn't appear to be a way to PM you. Are you interested in selling the Mahler 3 separately? Does yours come with a proper booklet? If so, was it issued by BR Klassik?

One can get that same performance on a 'pirate' cd (2 discs) from House of Opera for about $11 (that includes the shipping). That wouldn't have a booklet though. FYI.

It was issued by BR Klassik, yes. Sorry, but I am not interested in selling this separately.
barry grrr-ero
4 valves
4 valves

Post by barry grrr-ero »

. . and I'm not interested in buying the others. Equally sorry.