WTB: 4/4 Piston CC under $7,000

Post here if seeking to buy music related items.
Forum rules
Reminder: "Go fund me" requests are not allowed and should be reported. All requests will be deleted. If you are Looking to trade an instrument, We are requiring all ads to have the following information. Approximate trade value, Brand, Model, and location (for instruments, not accessories)
slowbrass
lurker
lurker

WTB: 4/4 Piston CC under $7,000

Post by slowbrass »

Hello folks,

The title says it all. I'm looking for a full size CC horn with pistons for under $7,000. Right now I'm about a year out from graduating with a Bachelor's, and will be applying for Master's programs down the road.

Until now, I've been looking at leads for the Eastman 632 and Wisemann 900, and I understand that these are fine horns, but I'd sure have to feel great on it to feel comfortable applying for a studio playing on a Chinese horn. I'm definitely down to see used horns.

Right now I'm in southwestern Missouri.

Leads and advice welcome, let er rip.
daktx2
bugler
bugler

Re: WTB: 4/4 Piston CC under $7,000

Post by daktx2 »

I have no affiliation with the seller, and it's a long drive, but the Wilson on the for sale section here certainly fits the billing for a top quality 4/4 horn under 7k.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=87599
Weltklang B&S Symphonie F tuba
Bohm and Meinl 5520 C tuba
Northernlb
4 valves
4 valves

Post by Northernlb »

What have you already played? What are you currently playing, what advice has your teacher given you?

I can name a number of tubas that would work for you, but we really need to narrow it down to get the right tuba in your hands.
:tuba:
toobagrowl
5 valves
5 valves

Post by toobagrowl »

There are several tubas here in the "For Sale By Owner" section that meet your criteria: 4/4 Piston CC under $7,000. In particular, that M-W 2145 seems like a great buy for $6,000. Those are fun, easy-to-play do-everything tubas :tuba: But the owner does not seem interested in shipping it :idea: Maybe you could work something out with him?
The other tubas are reportedly good Chinese 'clones' of quality, known tubas. Well, there is also a Jupiter 4/4 CC that fits your criteria :idea:
Sam Gnagey
4 valves
4 valves

Post by Sam Gnagey »

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=86861" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank