SOLD: Rudy Meinl 5/4 BBb - $6000 (Will Hear Offers)

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
Tubanomicon
4 valves
4 valves

SOLD: Rudy Meinl 5/4 BBb - $6000 (Will Hear Offers)

Post by Tubanomicon »

It is with great reluctance that I'm selling my Rudolf Meinl four-valve 5/4 BBb tuba. I purchased this horn from Baltimore Brass back in October for $7,500; if I remember correctly, they said the horn was made sometime back in the 1970s. The lacquer shows that age in certain places. There are a few dings and a dent on the bottom bow that doesn't affect the playability of the tuba in any manner.

Derek Fenstermacher of NJSO and Albany Symphony Orchestra play-tested this tuba and said it's one of the good Rudy's. He even said he'd be inclined to ask to borrow the tuba for Prokofiev 5. There's immense sound in the low register and a nice, resonant upper register. This tuba is one of the most air-efficient tubas I've ever played; a little air produces a truly beautiful sound that worked in many settings for me, including orchestra, wind ensemble, brass quintet and solo work.

I'm selling this tuba because I've taken my playing in another direction (purchased an American-style 6/4 CC tuba). You can check out some pictures of the horn at the following link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7x69cptrragc ... Son5a?dl=0" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank

I'm asking $6,000 for this tuba plus shipping via Greyhound from Kingston, NY, though I am willing to hear reasonable offers. It will come with a relatively new 1209v MTS tuba case that's had the mouthpiece box removed, as that's the only way it could fit.

This horn has sold.

Thanks!
Last edited by Tubanomicon on Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:29 pm, edited 12 times in total.
“Very little strength can produce much motion of air. Learn about air as motion.”

--Arnold Jacobs
Tubanomicon
4 valves
4 valves

Re: FS: Rudy Meinl 5/4 BBb - $8000

Post by Tubanomicon »

Bump
“Very little strength can produce much motion of air. Learn about air as motion.”

--Arnold Jacobs
Tubanomicon
4 valves
4 valves

Post by Tubanomicon »

Bump

--Arnold Jacobs
Tubanomicon
4 valves
4 valves

Post by Tubanomicon »

Bump. I told Derek Fenstermacher that I'm selling this horn. He said he wished he had the funds at this time to buy such a "dark" horn. :tuba:

--Arnold Jacobs
Antontuba
bugler
bugler

Post by Antontuba »

Beautiful horn, what model is it?
Tubanomicon
4 valves
4 valves

Post by Tubanomicon »

Antontuba, it's the Bayreuth model.

--Arnold Jacobs
Tubanomicon
4 valves
4 valves

Post by Tubanomicon »

And thanks for the kind words. You should see it in person. It's magnificent. :tuba:

--Arnold Jacobs
Tubanomicon
4 valves
4 valves

Post by Tubanomicon »

Bump

--Arnold Jacobs
Tubanomicon
4 valves
4 valves

Post by Tubanomicon »

Bump

--Arnold Jacobs
Tubanomicon
4 valves
4 valves

Post by Tubanomicon »

Bump

--Arnold Jacobs
Peach
4 valves
4 valves

Post by Peach »

Tubanomicon wrote:Antontuba, it's the Bayreuth model.
Beautiful, lovely tuba no doubt.
If made in the 70s it can't be a Bayreuth model though as they didn't start making them until much later right?
Peach
Tubanomicon
4 valves
4 valves

Post by Tubanomicon »

You're right, Peach. My apologies for the confusion. I could definitely brush up on my RM lore.

--Arnold Jacobs
Tubanomicon
4 valves
4 valves

Post by Tubanomicon »

Bump

--Arnold Jacobs
Tubanomicon
4 valves
4 valves

Post by Tubanomicon »

Bump

--Arnold Jacobs
Tubanomicon
4 valves
4 valves

Post by Tubanomicon »

Bump

--Arnold Jacobs
Tubanomicon
4 valves
4 valves

Post by Tubanomicon »

Bump

--Arnold Jacobs
Tubanomicon
4 valves
4 valves

Re: FS: Rudy Meinl 5/4 BBb - $8000 (Will Hear Offers)

Post by Tubanomicon »

Willing to hear reasonable offers.

--Arnold Jacobs
Tubanomicon
4 valves
4 valves

Post by Tubanomicon »

Bump

--Arnold Jacobs
Tubanomicon
4 valves
4 valves

Post by Tubanomicon »

Bump

--Arnold Jacobs
Tubanomicon
4 valves
4 valves

Post by Tubanomicon »

Bump

--Arnold Jacobs