K&M Stands

The bulk of the musical talk
thebrandyman
bugler
bugler

K&M Stands

Post by thebrandyman »

Hi everyone,

I am having a little bit of trouble with my K&M stand. Has the stand design changed?

I am attempting to use it for my PCK, but the tuba actually sits too high. I would have to considerably lean it back to play. I don't think it's the standing model, as then the stand sits too short. I’m about 5’9, so I'm not terribly short or tall.

I have checked the box and my order summary and both receipts say that it is the sitting stand.

Does anyone know anything, or know how I can cheat around it to make it lower? It's currently at the lowest setting without the legs flying up in the air.
Last edited by thebrandyman on Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pecktime
bugler
bugler

Re: K&M Sitting Stands too High???

Post by pecktime »

I miss the old wwbw and their amazing mail order catalogues.
MW 3450, 2011TA HoJo, Conn 20J
thebrandyman
bugler
bugler

Post by thebrandyman »

Hi Wade,

Absolutely. Apologies about any confusion this may be causing, as I’m quite confused on what is going on myself frankly, since these stands have worked for me before. Regarding the height, it is 17 inches, yes.

I can have a picture up on Facebook, and here soon.
Last edited by thebrandyman on Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
thebrandyman
bugler
bugler

Post by thebrandyman »

I sent over a picture of my point of view utilizing the stand. I tried to position the camera in front of my face, therefore, the center of the photo is where my lips would be. I’m sitting on a normal Wenger chair.
Last edited by thebrandyman on Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.
MikeMason
6 valves
6 valves

Post by MikeMason »

After using playing stands for 10+ years, maybe 15, My playing life is much better with sticky dash pads. Just to provide an option. Thanks to Chris Olka for the idea.
Pensacola Symphony
Troy University-adjunct tuba instructor
Yamaha yfb621 with 16’’ bell,with blokepiece symphony
Eastman 6/4 with blokepiece symphony/profundo
thebrandyman
bugler
bugler

Post by thebrandyman »

Absolutely, no problem at all. It may be a bit tough since no one is in the city currently, but if I happen to find someone roaming around the studio later today, then absolutely. If not, I can take a video and screenshot a frame.

Bloke, thank you for letting me know. If it’s alright, I would like to find a potential solution and or explanation to this. If I still can’t get anything out of this, we can certainly talk.
Last edited by thebrandyman on Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
scottw
5 valves
5 valves

Post by scottw »

Not sure if it is germane to this discussion, but, when I used the K&M stand [for a couple years before I got the BB stand], I had to cut off a little more than an inch in order to make it low enough for sitting and playing. I am 5'10", but the leadpipe on my 186 is too low for the regular K&M stand.
Bearin' up!