Who is a Nirschl Dealer?

The bulk of the musical talk
WillDellinger
bugler
bugler

Who is a Nirschl Dealer?

Post by WillDellinger »

Is there a dealer anywhere in the states? I know nobody stocks them, but I am trying to get a MWN-7 as my government horn, and they need (or would prefer) a dealer.
Steve Marcus
pro musician
pro musician

Re: Who is a Nirschl Dealer?

Post by Steve Marcus »

I think that years ago Dillon Music and Custom Music carried the model in which you are interested. Their formal dealer agreement probably no longer exists. Nirschl builds the 6/4 CC Nirschl-York and sells them directly to the consumer, but he sold the designs and mandrels for the 4/4 CC to BMB.
Steve Marcus
http://www.facebook.com/steve.marcus.88
Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia
besson900
bugler
bugler

Post by besson900 »

You can send email to Mr.Nirschl he will answer You about all what You want to know or find him on Facebook, he is there everyday and he can tell You where You can find your dealer in USA :)
joshwirt
pro musician
pro musician

Post by joshwirt »

Contact Walter via email or Facebook. He can give you all the particulars on ordering directly from him. He sent me a quote for the same model back in April.

JW
Elmhurst University - Applied Professor of Tuba/Euphonium
Elmhurst Symphony - Principal Tuba
Wintergreen Music Festival - Principal Tuba
New Chicago Brass
Ottava Quartet
WillDellinger
bugler
bugler

Post by WillDellinger »

Thank you for the replies. I contacted him and was able to get some information. For anyone wondering, yes, he does still make that model. He also said he can send something through a dealer (if you really want to pay the extra costs associated with that).
Porky
bugler
bugler

Post by Porky »

Floyd Cooley is the only person in the US that could get you one as he makes a trip down there every year. If you’re trying to avoid Custom fees and Duty and substantial shipping go through him as he will save you a ton of money unless you just want to go out there and get it yourself.
tubalamb
pro musician
pro musician

Post by tubalamb »

Baltimore Brass was used as the dealer for the Marine Band's purchase of a Nirschl within the past couple of years. Give BBC a call, and I'm sure they can help or at least lead you in the right direction. Good luck.
Steve Lamb
U.S. Coast Guard Band
Rhode Island Philharmonic
WillDellinger
bugler
bugler

Post by WillDellinger »

Thank you all for the replies. After doing some more thinking, I've actually decided to go with a different horn. I was just trying to get info on whether this would even be an option.