Three Valves
6 valves
6 valves

Re: Preview of ITEC 2019

Post by Three Valves »

Pay for parking??

In Iowa??

That’s why I never shop or eat in Bethesda, MD. :roll:

How about a contrabass trombone review, or three??

:tuba:
I am committed to the advancement of civil rights, minus the Marxist intimidation and thuggery of BLM.
Peach
4 valves
4 valves

Post by Peach »

What are the dates out of interest?
Peach
enhite
bugler
bugler

Post by enhite »

Thanks for the update regarding the 2019 ITEC venue. Let's hope that the organizers can negotiate reasonable parking fees as they did for conferences at past venues.
DeclanLynch1
lurker
lurker

Post by DeclanLynch1 »

The exhibits will not be held in the same location that the ITF exhibits were in this year. For ITEC 2019, everything will be in the Vox Building.
Wilson 3050S CC
Miraphone 283 "Norwegian Star" Eb
"Play like you're good"
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Post by bort »

Iowa City is a nice place. I think it's interesting that international conferences are there, because air travel is not particularly convenient (in my experience).

$1 per hour for parking sounds cheap for a retail district!
JCalkin
pro musician
pro musician

Post by JCalkin »

Mark Finley wrote:It really adds up over several days though, I'm used to conferences being held on a university having University parking.
There would have been plenty of parking at the old Voxman building, but it was farther away from downtown, not nearly as nice, and (most consequentially) NOT above the flood plain.

The U of Iowa has a very nice (and free) public transit system, Cambus (I drove for them as a student there). I'm certain folks could park in one of the large outlying lots and grab a bus to the music building. Perhaps John Manning already has a plan in the works for that. I'll double check with him.
Josh Calkin
Wayne State College
Low Brass/Bands
CC
pro musician
pro musician

Post by CC »

I was just there too for ITF a few weeks ago, parked in the garage across the street from the Voxman building in the mornings and stayed around as there were PLENTY of places to eat nearby and attended the evening concerts. After the concerts that usually meant a late night hang with friends so by the time I would go back to my parked car in that garage the gates were up and it cost me exactly $0 for parking that day. I think I paid $10 the whole week. Yes, if you aren’t able to do that then take a Lyft, stay at the conference hotel which will have a very convenient shuttle from what I’ve heard or bike/carpool in from an Airbnb. The cost is quite reasonable in my opinion actually. The amount of places to eat and hang so close to the school of music was really impressive so i’m looking forward to going back for ITEC!
Chris Combest
Nashville, TN