Replacement lead pipe for Yamaha YBB 103?

Post here if seeking to buy music related items.
Forum rules
Reminder: "Go fund me" requests are not allowed and should be reported. All requests will be deleted. If you are Looking to trade an instrument, We are requiring all ads to have the following information. Approximate trade value, Brand, Model, and location (for instruments, not accessories)
roburt3
bugler
bugler

Replacement lead pipe for Yamaha YBB 103?

Post by roburt3 »

Hey all,

I just picked up a sweet YBB 103 project horn that should make for a great restoration, once it has a new lead pipe!

The current one has had the first 3 or 4 inches (including the receiver) cut/ripped off! (before I got it) Just for kicks, i will probably try to re-attach the two pieces with a wrap around patch, but that would just be for personal practice.

I know this is a long shot, but would any of you tuba gurus have a non-ripped/torn leadpipe laying around that could get this classic horn back in action? I can handle reasonable dents and am happy to pay a reasonable price!

I realize that the solution could also be to have a local tech bend a new one for me. If I do go that route, would anyone be able to give me a reasonable ball park estimate for that kind of job so I know what to expect before walking in?

Thanks in advance!,

Rob
Besson 3v Recording Compensator, Leningrad 3 Rotor BBb Helicon, Yamaha YBB 321, several YBB 103's
edsel585960
5 valves
5 valves

Re: Replacement lead pipe for Yamaha YBB 103?

Post by edsel585960 »

If you're still looking there is a whole horn on ebay right now. Missing a valve but leadpipe looks pretty good. Best offer. Might get it cheap. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-YBB103- ... +tuba.TRS0" target="_blank
Conn 20-21 J
Conn 10J, Conn 26 K, Martin Mammoth, Mirafone 186, Soviet Helicon, Holton Raincatcher Sousaphone, Yamaha 103, King 1240.
roburt3
bugler
bugler

Post by roburt3 »

If you're still looking there is a whole horn on ebay right now. Missing a valve but leadpipe looks pretty good. Best offer. Might get it cheap. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-YBB103-" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank ... +tuba.TRS0
I was sweating bullets after you posted that because I already had an open offer on it!

I did end up getting it and it looks like my friend YORK-aholic is going to be selling me a parts horn that should get both of the 103s back in action!

I can't believe how helpful this forum has been in getting these classic horns back on the beat.

Well done and many thanks!
Besson 3v Recording Compensator, Leningrad 3 Rotor BBb Helicon, Yamaha YBB 321, several YBB 103's
edsel585960
5 valves
5 valves

Post by edsel585960 »

Hope you get them both playing. They're great little horns with alot of oomph for their size. Good luck.
Conn 20-21 J
Conn 10J, Conn 26 K, Martin Mammoth, Mirafone 186, Soviet Helicon, Holton Raincatcher Sousaphone, Yamaha 103, King 1240.