Post here if seeking to buy music related items.
Forum rules
Reminder: "Go fund me" requests are not allowed and should be reported. All requests will be deleted. If you are Looking to trade an instrument, We are requiring all ads to have the following information. Approximate trade value, Brand, Model, and location (for instruments, not accessories)
bisontuba
6 valves
6 valves

Post by bisontuba »

Last edited by bisontuba on Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.
bisontuba
6 valves
6 valves

Post by bisontuba »

Last edited by bisontuba on Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TubaGuyJon
lurker
lurker

Re: WTB: Mid 19th Century Eb Alto horn

Post by TubaGuyJon »

Hi Mark,

I purchased an Eb alto horn about a year and a half ago and it hasn’t gotten much use since then, I tried to get into it but I am trying to be a consistent tuba player not horn... Anyway
I think the horn is from the late 1880’s from what it’s previous owner told me but I never did take the time to research it. Horn is pretty much raw brass.All valve’s and slides work, no leaks, no water keys (as you mentioned). Original mouthpiece (I can only assume, no definitive markings to really know). Looking to sell (name your price)/ trade for another obscure more tuba like instrument. I will send you photos and measurements when I get to the horn later today. The horn is in Orlando, Florida, no case but it was shipped from France safely to me and I will protect it adequately if it must be shipped.

Thanks for reading, Jonathan Kivi
Tubist in the endless pursuit of knowledge. Will play for critiques and/or tips. Will also take tips to stop playing.

B&S PT-6S (CC)
O’Malley Cimbasso (F)
1950’s Ukranian Helicon (Eb)
1880’s French Alto Horn (Eb)
Holton TR-180 W/ Glantz Bar
bisontuba
6 valves
6 valves

Post by bisontuba »

Last edited by bisontuba on Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
windshieldbug
Once got the "hand" as a cue
Once got the "hand" as a cue

Post by windshieldbug »

I have a Stratton kranz TAR Eb alto helicon.
Poor shape, missing some things like tuning slide and some finger paddles, raw brass, but brittle.
I'd have to dig it out.
Played one like it at the Henry Ford museum in Dearborn from the Chickering Exhibition years ago.
Instead of talking to your plants, if you yelled at them would they still grow, but only to be troubled and insecure?
bisontuba
6 valves
6 valves

Post by bisontuba »

windshieldbug wrote:I have a Stratton kranz TAR Eb alto helicon.
Poor shape, missing some things like tuning slide and some finger paddles, raw brass, but brittle.
I'd have to dig it out.
Played one like it at the Henry Ford museum in Dearborn from the Chickering Exhibition years ago.
Thank you!!!!!