OLD B&S catalogues

The bulk of the musical talk
joshealejo
3 valves
3 valves

OLD B&S catalogues

Post by joshealejo »

Greetings :D ,

Does anybody have the PDF/image/etc. files of the old B&S (1980-1990)? I am very curious about some models I saw on the internet. Also if anybody have the old Courtois catalogue where their tubas and euphoniums appears would be great too.

Some B&S old catalog images I have coulded find:

Some Courtois old catalog images I have coulded find:
Thank you! :tuba:
Some stuff
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Re: OLD B&S catalogues

Post by bort »

I have the blue VMI-branded catalog from the mid/late 90s... not exactly what you are asking for, but the closest I have. I'd that might be helpful, please let me know (send me an email).
joshealejo
3 valves
3 valves

Post by joshealejo »

Hey Brett! That one would be good too!, I will send you an email, my friend :)
Some stuff
joshealejo
3 valves
3 valves

Post by joshealejo »

Hey Brett I sent you that message quite long ago :D :D :D :oops:
Some stuff
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Post by bort »

AH! You sure did... sorry, I'll try to get to it in the next day or so.
joshealejo
3 valves
3 valves

Post by joshealejo »

bort wrote:AH! You sure did... sorry, I'll try to get to it in the next day or so.

Thanks my friend! :D :tuba:
Some stuff
Robert Tucci
TubeNet Sponsor
TubeNet Sponsor

Vintage "B & S" catalogues

Post by Robert Tucci »

Josh,

Good that you and obviously some others are interested in "B & S" history. I have the full catalog from which your posted pages were taken. This is quite extensive and includes the "Signalinstrumente" represented by the second half of this famous brand. "Blechblas- und Signalinstrumente". These are also refered to as "Martins Hoerner" having been manufactured by a company of that name.

Please note that I am traveling this week but as required, can scan and send parts of the catalog. The old models represent far more than that which was manufactured from the time the company was formed (1948) until the New Age descended on us after 1989. The people who made these instruments were important, the instruments and the company part of their lives. Having begun work at "B & S " well over thirty years ago, I had the good fortune to know most of them.

Bob Tucci
joh_tuba
4 valves
4 valves

Post by joh_tuba »

I bet they were amazing people to know. That level of craftsmanship is much rarer now and rarely supported by either consumers or employers.

I would also love to see this catalogue. Anyone willing to post it in a google drive folder or dropbox and give us access to download?
joshealejo
3 valves
3 valves

Re: Vintage "B & S" catalogues

Post by joshealejo »

Robert Tucci wrote:Josh,

Good that you and obviously some others are interested in "B & S" history. I have the full catalog from which your posted pages were taken. This is quite extensive and includes the "Signalinstrumente" represented by the second half of this famous brand. "Blechblas- und Signalinstrumente". These are also refered to as "Martins Hoerner" having been manufactured by a company of that name.

Please note that I am traveling this week but as required, can scan and send parts of the catalog. The old models represent far more than that which was manufactured from the time the company was formed (1948) until the New Age descended on us after 1989. The people who made these instruments were important, the instruments and the company part of their lives. Having begun work at "B & S " well over thirty years ago, I had the good fortune to know most of them.

Bob Tucci
Thank you so much Mr. Tucci! I am very excited to watch those old catalogues and old tubas. I am pretty sure that those people where completly inmersed in their work.

Thank you so much for your response and hoping you can post those files. I am pretty sure many poeple here would like to appreciate them.

Jose Vera
Last edited by joshealejo on Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Some stuff
MackBrass
TubeNet Sponsor
TubeNet Sponsor

Post by MackBrass »

I am very interested in seeing the earliest models of F tubas that were available in the '60s.
Tom McGrady
MACK Brass of Virginia LLC
Email: Sales@mackbrass.com" target="_blank
http://www.mackbrass.com" target="_blank" target="_blank
804-926-7707
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Post by bort »

I just emailed Jose a scan of a VMI/B&S catalog from 1997. Not "old", but still 21 year ago!

Anyone else interested can PM or email me to receive a copy of the PDF.

Thanks!
joshealejo
3 valves
3 valves

Post by joshealejo »

Thank you Brett!

Saw It! Lovely pictures! Pretty interesting that the Culbertson Apollo used to offer two 5th slides as well as the Neptune, assuming that It was for change It to Eb as the Neptune CC/BBb option.

Thanm you!
Some stuff
TheBerlinerTuba
3 valves
3 valves

Post by TheBerlinerTuba »

pjv
4 valves
4 valves

Post by pjv »

Thanks for the link Berliner.
It was an enjoyable and informative read.
LCH3
bugler
bugler

Post by LCH3 »

Visited with Bob Tucci in Germany yesterday and saw the old catalogue. It is quite amazing with all of the instrument photos. Bob re-affirmed he will do the work to make it available.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Larry Haake
joshealejo
3 valves
3 valves

Post by joshealejo »

LCH3 wrote:Visited with Bob Tucci in Germany yesterday and saw the old catalogue. It is quite amazing with all of the instrument photos. Bob re-affirmed he will do the work to make it available.
Great! I cannot wait to watch those images!

I have to admit that after seeing this images I am kinda curious about this rare models and would love to have more info about them:

Weltklang 132 CC Tuba

Meinl Weston 3044 F Tuba

And of Course..

The Beautiful Weltklang 104 BBb Tuba
Some stuff
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Post by bort »

The Weltklang 132 looks just like the VMI CC tuba I used to own , but with 4 valves.

It is the body and bell of a Meinl Weston 32, with a B&S valve set. If mine had 5 valves, I may have kept it!

Was also stenciled as VMI and Sternberg
joshealejo
3 valves
3 valves

Post by joshealejo »

bort wrote:The Weltklang 132 looks just like the VMI CC tuba I used to own , but with 4 valves.

It is the body and bell of a Meinl Weston 32, with a B&S valve set. If mine had 5 valves, I may have kept it!

Was also stenciled as VMI and Sternberg
Cool! The valve set looks very close to the Neptune but the tunning slide and leadpipe. It seems to be a very good alternative to a PT4
Some stuff
HembachTuba
lurker
lurker

Post by HembachTuba »

Hello,
I recently bought an older B&S B tuba.
According to the serial number the tuba was built in 1990, in the month of August or September. It already has the engraving "Made in Germany"
The tuba has three valves.
What series / model is this tuba ?
Does anyone have a catalogue or the catalogue page for this tuba?

Thanks for information.

TheBerlinerTuba
3 valves
3 valves

Post by TheBerlinerTuba »

Hello Hembach Tuba,
Congrats on your new tuba! Für Blasmusik der absolut Hammer!
It is a model 103 or 3103. Before die Wende this model was a 103 and after it was renamed 3103 although in the 90s it was redesigned again and is quite different to the version you have. It's possible with 3 valves, it was called a 3102 but I am not certain. I would write the Museum in Markneukirchen zH Mario Weller and ask them for a catalogue photo.
Gruß aus Berlin,
TheBerlinerTuba