York Master 4v CC $3000

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
KevinMadden
3 valves
3 valves

York Master 4v CC $3000

Post by KevinMadden »

I am looking to sell my York Master 4 valve CC.

Mechanically this horn is 100%. Everything moves, everything slides.
Cosmetically this horn is...well not 100%. The silver is very worn in many places and there are a few small dings here and there, though none of them large enough to greatly affect the playing as far as I can tell.

I bought this horn from Dave Unland (via Dillon Music) in 2006 and it served me incredibly well. I used it in just about every conceivable setting throughout my career over that span. This horn has a wonderful dark sound with lots of 'punch'. Intonation is better than most vintage instruments, but does require a bit of a learning curve. Low range is really solid down to E or Eb, but once you get below that, the lack of a 5th valve is pretty apparent. The 4th valve slide does extend extremely far, so D and Db are possible, just difficult. I'm selling this horn because I realized that I'm at a point where I wanted something larger, with more valves, in a lower key :twisted:

Horn is 38" tall with a 20" bell and roughly a .735" bore (inner diameter of the 2nd valve slide), It will also come with an Aliteri Gig bag.

Horn is located in Lincoln, NE and I would really like to avoid shipping this instrument. I am quite willing to travel to meet a buyer, Denver, Chicago, and Kansas City are all easy day or weekend trips from Lincoln.

$3500

I am certainly willing to take more pictures of any details you would like to see. The horn was also recently professionally cleaned and serviced.
Last edited by KevinMadden on Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:46 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Ithaca College, B.M. 2009
University of Nebraska - Lincoln, M.M. 2017, D.M.A. 2020
Wessex Artiste
Wessex "Grand" BBb, Wessex Solo Eb, Wessex Dulce
k001k47
5 valves
5 valves

Re: York Master 4v CC

Post by k001k47 »

Cool horn, man 8) Do you know if it's a factory CC?
KevinMadden
3 valves
3 valves

Post by KevinMadden »

I don't believe so. I'll add some close ups of the valves and slides, see if anyone with more knowledge on the subject has an opinion.
Wessex Artiste
k001k47
5 valves
5 valves

Post by k001k47 »

KevinMadden wrote:I don't believe so. I'll add some close ups of the valves and slides, see if anyone with more knowledge on the subject has an opinion.
I wouldn't be able to tell what it's made out of by different styles of ferrules, valve buttons and caps, and braces, but it looks like it has a Dillon adjustable gap reciever. If it was cut in the Dillon shop, it was done well.
KevinMadden
3 valves
3 valves

Post by KevinMadden »

k001k47 wrote:
KevinMadden wrote:I don't believe so. I'll add some close ups of the valves and slides, see if anyone with more knowledge on the subject has an opinion.
I wouldn't be able to tell what it's made out of by different styles of ferrules, valve buttons and caps, and braces, but it looks like it has a Dillon adjustable gap reciever. If it was cut in the Dillon shop, it was done well.
It was not a Dillon cut, I had the agr put on it when I got the horn in 2006. and it had been a cc for a while by then. The receiver is pretty locked up and has been for years, so it's more of just a "heavy weight" receiver than an adjustable one now.

I've since information (thank you Joe Burton) that this horn was cut at Osmun in Boston, probably in the 80s or early 90s. It seemed Dave had had this horn as a CC for quite a while when I started at IC in 2005.
Wessex Artiste
k001k47
5 valves
5 valves

Post by k001k47 »

KevinMadden wrote:

I've since information (thank you Joe Burton) that this horn was cut at Osmun in Boston, probably in the 80s or early 90s. It seemed Dave had had this horn as a CC for quite a while when I started at IC in 2005.
Looks like nice craftsmanship in the photos. Wish I lived closer to check the horn out in person.
KevinMadden
3 valves
3 valves

Post by KevinMadden »

BUMP and price reduction to $3500
Wessex Artiste
KevinMadden
3 valves
3 valves

Re: York Master 4v CC $3500

Post by KevinMadden »

BUMP And price reduction to $3250
Wessex Artiste
KevinMadden
3 valves
3 valves

Re: York Master 4v CC $3250

Post by KevinMadden »

BUMP, price now $3000
Wessex Artiste
Aidan Purdy
lurker
lurker

Re: York Master 4v CC $3000

Post by Aidan Purdy »

PM sent. Looks like a great horn!
Freelance tuba player from Melbourne, Australia.
BrianG
lurker
lurker

Post by BrianG »

Hello good day. By any chance is this horn still for sale?
KevinMadden
3 valves
3 valves

Post by KevinMadden »

Sorry but it is not, it has been in Australia since the start of the year !
Wessex Artiste