TRADED 1933 H.N.White Symphony 1235 EEb *PICS*

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
KingBassTrombone
bugler
bugler

TRADED 1933 H.N.White Symphony 1235 EEb *PICS*

Post by KingBassTrombone »

Same size and design as a King 1240/old 2340, with a 22" recording bell and 3 valves of 0.687" bore. Gorgeous frosted silver plate with bright silver bell cap and gold wash in the bell. Some spots of tarnish, and the gold wash is fading through to silver in some spots. Little dings and dents here and there, a little ripple in the bell curve. All tuning slides function, and at one point it was cut to modern pitch (was in low). Valves have very little compression and they're worn down to the copper... it needs either very thick valve oil or a valve rebuild. This is a great horn to learn Eb with, it blows very easily and response is point-and-shoot. I will include a well-matching H.N.White 26 mouthpiece if you wish, but any standard-shank mouthpiece will work.

It comes with its original case, which is in pretty good shape. I'm not willing to ship, but I can drive within a 3-hour radius of 43606 (Toledo, OH) to meet up in person. Paypal or cash is fine. PICS HERE: https://drive.google.com/drive/u/2/fold ... kGpw-CGgaR" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank

Here is a video of the tuba being played, it is the one on the left: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aluN4Dh78mQ" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank

**This horn was traded for a 1902 C.G.Conn BBb Helicon**
Last edited by KingBassTrombone on Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:18 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Michael Grant
bugler
bugler

Re: FS: 1933 H.N.White Symphony 1235 EEb $750

Post by Michael Grant »

3 valves?
Michael Grant
Wessex HB24 BBb Helicon
King 2341
EdFirth
4 valves
4 valves

Post by EdFirth »

There is a recording in Media of him playing it. I think it reads Eb vs. Bb bass lines. In fact, he plays all five parts. Two on trombone, with really good high chops for a 5B and two on a King baritone.The tuba sounds great and from what I could see of it, is in very nice shape. Ed
The Singing Whale
KingBassTrombone
bugler
bugler

EdFirth wrote:There is a recording in Media of him playing it. I think it reads Eb vs. Bb bass lines. In fact, he plays all five parts. Two on trombone, with really good high chops for a 5B and two on a King baritone.The tuba sounds great and from what I could see of it, is in very nice shape. Ed
Thank you! That video can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqoETHsR6uw" target="_blank
KingBassTrombone
bugler
bugler

Re: FT/BO: 1933 H.N.White Symphony 1235 EEb *PICS*

bump for pics and open to offers and trades!
roughrider
4 valves
4 valves

Post by roughrider »

Your tuba has a terrific sound and was played very well! Good Luck with the sale!
1930 King "Symphony" Recording Bass BBb
1916 Holton "Mammoth" Upright Bass BBb
1994 King 2341 Upright Bass BBb
Wedge H2 Solo mouthpieces
Stofer-Geib mouthpieces
DLPARRISH93
lurker
lurker

Post by DLPARRISH93 »

Is this horn still available for purchase?
KingBassTrombone
bugler
bugler

No, this horn has been sold.